Harbor Freight cycle lift

WLB

A week ago I broke down and bought a HF cycle lift. Figured if I was going to have several minis I needed to be able to work on them standing up. Did some maintenance on the Tote Gote today and having that lift made a world of difference compared to sitting on a stool and having to get up and down many times before the job is finished. It made the work enjoyable like it is supposed to be. I could certainly recommend the lift for anyone who has trouble getting up and down or working bent over.

I agree with how it makes it so much more enjoyable to work on a bike with the lift. I have had my Harbor Freight bike lift for a couple of years. It lifts our big bikes easily and when I work on minis, I have an old desktop that I bolt onto it for a flat work area.

Has anybody actually purchased this specific one? (It is NOT the same as the original poster shows in his photo which is MUCH more expensive). How do you like it? I ask, because it only lifts 16" which does not seem high enough to work on (most parts of) a minibike standing
up.
Michael
I have a Craftsman lift similar to this one, and it's fine for certain repairs, as long as you're sitting on one of those mechanic's rolling seats. If you prefer standing, you're better off getting one of those lifts that go up at least 30 inches.

rmm727

I have the Craftsman version of the above as well. Well...its my father-in-law's that I borrowed and never returned. He is right next door if he really needs it. LOL. I use it for working on ATV's or taking the weight off of my Harley forks for winter storage. If you have a rolling stool. Its an ok height. Otherwise, spend more and get the HF full size deal. I use a brand name version at my side job and it make life easy for repairs. Combine it with a center lift jack and the back part can come off and now you can change the rear tire without having to worry about the bike falling over.

Gatecrasher

They sell a ton of those hydraulic motorcycle lifts for moving pinball machines.

On the pinball forums they have large group buys of them occasionally.