Header or air filter

He did not even have the decency and courtesy to even acknowledge all of the member replies he received, (much less) actually THANK them! Not very grateful it seems...
Michael
This sort of thing actually kinda irritates me. People just using other people is what it all boils down to. They need information or help with something, so they turn to a forum to get their question answered, then "Poof!" they're gone, never to be heard from again....that is until another problem come along. It's like saying I got what I need, now the rest of you just go to hell and don't bother me. It just rubs me the wrong way. I still consider myself a new guy here and I've asked my share of questions, but I also have answered many posts offering solutions, input or advice. To me, the thing that makes forums so great is the shared interests that we all have and the sense of community by sharing and helping others. Well...that's my take anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sort of thing actually kinda irritates me. People just using other people is what it all boils down to. They need information or help with something, so they turn to a forum to get their question answered, then "Poof!" they're gone, never to be heard from again....that is until another problem come along. It's like saying I got what I need, now the rest of you just go to hell and don't bother me. It just rubs me the wrong way. I still consider myself a new guy here and I've asked my share of questions, but I also have answered many posts offering solutions, input or advice. To me, the thing that makes forums so great is the shared interests that we all have and the sense of community by sharing and helping others. Well...that's my take anyway.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree 100%...
Michael

I do not know his situation; he could have health issues, or other problems. I prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt / cut him some slack, and hope we hear from him, again.

Very well spoken Tango Alpha!:clap: Back to the question though, my opinion is definitely do the jet first. All small engines come lean as hell for stupid emissions laws.

And as for the header and air filter, I say neither...for now. A 6 degree timing key is about $5 and it will give a very noticeable improvement. It could even be free if you have a dremel and a micrometer.

Just want to thank you one and all for the info. I started a new job and have just not had time enough to do much of anything else. I'm not really a bad guy. I'm friendly and well liked, not quick to anger over trivial stuff. Did not even realize that the replies went past page one till just a few minutes ago.

Just want to thank you one and all for the info. I started a new job and have just not had time enough to do much of anything else. I'm not really a bad guy. I'm friendly and well liked, not quick to anger over trivial stuff. Did not even realize that the replies went past page one till just a few minutes ago.
Sooooo....
What direction are you going to take with all of the replies/advice you received? Since your original post was back on 8/1 maybe you saved enough to do everything?
Michaelup enough

Creia, I took your advice and now have both header and air kit. Going to put them on before I start the motor. Understand with doodle bug frames you have to remove the air box and muffler to set the engine on the frame. Then you can put the stuff back on the engine. Save time and ease of assembly. Hope to start the engine tomorrow. I had a mechanics roller stool fall apart a couple years ago and saved the padded seat. I t says Napa on it. It is a perfect fit. I am sure to need guidance somewhere down the line. I think I have watched every doodle bug predator video on YouTube. Once I figure out how to pictures on the forum.

Last edited: