Heald Trail Bronc VT-5 Help

ScooterBoy, When I put my jackshaft assembly together with my new parts, I wasn't able to get my chain sprockets to line up perfectly. I think the collars are beefier than the originals, so I wasn't able to fit a collar between the sprocket and the bearing without the chain being to far inboard. So I machined a spacer that fit between the sprocket and the bearing, and a smaller spacer that fit between the brake drum and the sprocket. The collar was no longer necessary since the brake drum and sprocket both have set screws, but I installed the collar on the backside of the brake drum anyway for extra support. Doing this gave me perfect sprocket alignment, and allowed me to move the brake drum further outboard to account for the bolt that holds the band brake (which seemed slightly short). This fix was no big deal, it took me twenty minutes, but I wanted you to be aware of it. I have the original back wheel and sprocket, so if I had to do this, you will have to do it for sure if you're using a substitute. Check out my Bronc in the gallery if you haven't already, and if you need pictures of the mod I've described let me know.

Tim

I bought my tires online from TireSavings.com. They were Carlisle Turf Savers 15x6.0-6, and 18x8.5-8. They cost $19 (front), and $36 (rear). The rear tire is 4-ply. You should be able to get a Comet 203580 DF belt from Ron Kimball.