Heald vt-5

PICKED UP A HEALD VT-5 AWHILE BACK.JUST A ROLLER.CLEANED IT UP,STRAIGHTENED THE FORKS AND PUT A HS-50 ON IT.A TAV COVER CAME WITH IT. I THINK IT IS THE CORRECT ONE FOR IT BUT I'M NOT SURE,IT SAYS HEALD ON THE INSIDE.JUST WONDERING IF A MEMBER WITH ONE COULD TELL ME IF IT IS THE RIGHT ONE AND IF ANYONE THAT HAS THE SAME BIKE COULD TAKE A PICTURE OF THE MOUNTING BRACKET FOR IT.DID NOT HAVE THAT. I EITHER HAVE TO MAKE ONE OR FIND ONE

THANKS

Last edited:
You have the correct cover. The lower mounting slots are farther apart on TAV's. I may be wrong, but your cover could be unique to Heald, thus making the mount difficult to find. I'm in the same boat as you, I have a cover and no bracket. :shrug:

Thanks fairlane. Another member pm'd me that they will take some pics of their brackets.if they don't get posted on this thread i will pass them on to you someway. I'm sure they would be able to be made.

Mounting brackets

Useng1 was kind enough to send me a couple pics of the correct brackets for the cover. Thank to him i should be able to make some

GOT THE REST OF THE PARTS TODAY FROM OldMiniBikes TO GET THIS BIKE GOIN'.
AFTER PUTTIN ON THE THINGS IT NEEDED AND SOME CARB ADJUSTIN,FIRED RIGHT UP AND RUNS LIKE A CHAMP.STILL A FEW THINGS TO DO THEN A RESTO THIS WINTER.VIDEO TO FOLLOW