Heath-kit drag bike

I got a little more done to the frame, i removed the blocks that the jackshaft was mounted to,and filled in the spot where someone notched the motor plate with a cutting torch.I am no welder but it turned out nice.
before:

after:

next i will probably make wheelie bar mounts and tail light bracket.

Yeah, that's an odd place to put the brake handle? I guess if you have really long toes it would be okay.

Good luck on your project.
Actually if it wasn't sideways and a self applying tree brake, it's the ONLY place for Boobie Brakes.. :hammer: They are a pretty heavy assed machine and the little 4 inch drums are no count for stopping power.. :glare: I mean like scary sometimes.. :eek:hmy: Scary always over 8 miles per hour.. Like hit the brakes and keep on truckin.. :eek:hmy: I purposely re rigged mine for more leverage against the shoes.. And ended up snapping the mount in half eventually.. (old messed up aluminum one) If you build a dragster to go fast DEFINITELY use some kind of caliper to the sprocket brake setup or something.. I would have said keep the jack shaft for chain alignment NOT MENTION gearing.... But thats not an issue with the TAV, although it may come in VERY handy aligning chains still.... OH!! And the front tires from the older golf carts with the smooth linear thread. Old Harleys and stuff, are the exact same wheel and tire, except tread pattern, and makes a better on road dragster tire.. :thumbsup:

Nice old Boobie bike.. :laugh: You have the nicest Boobie forks in the whole world.. %0 high speed adjustment in those and the neck bolts is unheard of.. :laugh:

Nice old Boobie bike.. :laugh: You have the nicest Boobie forks in the whole world.. %0 high speed adjustment in those and the neck bolts is unheard of.. :laugh:

[/QUOTE]

Un Heard of huh ???My forks are straight.

And the bike I got from Kenny (not counting the oversized wheels ) was in perfect shape. The motor plate was in excellent shape as well as everything else.:thumbsup:

These both needed a little work on the forks :doah:

i am having a hard time understanding you, are you saying my forks are rare because they are straight?
lol.. Kinda.. That design left for a lot of room for damage.. Most any of them that have been rode at all, or off roaded, have some issues.. :laugh: Fenders you might be able to find another bike on craigslist or something.. They aren't super uncommon bikes. Even a wanted thread here might do ya wonders..

I think one of the super bronc front fenders is the same as a boonie rear fender:wink:
The VT7 front fender is the same as a Boonie rear. But to be honest you will stand a better chance finding the boonie. We have a place called Glens Surplus here in Ohio that sells just about everything. They have all diferent kinds of fenders and stuff for trailers ect... I always thought about just getting the right width and making my own.:hammer:

(http://glenssurplus.com/) Check out the tire selection too.

Last edited:
Well i finally found some time to get out in my man cave,i made a drag wing out of a piece of metal from my buddy ernie's work. And also made a plate for the front to house my switches mini tach and custom filler neck. What do you guys think?