Heath-kit drag bike

Very cool project. Any progress on it lately?
Sweet, i see you have a heathkit boonie bike too.
Yeah i got tires mounted , wheels painted and made a tailight bracket.i will mount gas tank and mount motor this weekend. Also need to weld up header.
What are your plans for your bike?
Lou

I am a little undecided right now. The bike turns out to be a Heald VT-1 instead of a Boonie. So it really should be restored to new, stock condition but I don't think I have the time or patience to find all the stock parts that I am missing. Ron Kimball was my best bet at getting it restored, but he says that he has run out of parts for most of the Heald machines at this point and only carries standard current manufactured parts these days.

So....

I think I'm going to slap the Clone motor in there that I ordered from Harbor Freight. Maybe soup it up a bit. I have been trying to decide if I should drop $200 on a TAV or just buy a $70 dual sprocket clutch to get the factory 2 speed going again. :shrug:

Alright all you VW ladies, I might be a little late to party but look out at Dragnight this year bitch's!:grind:
aaah, welcome to the forum baker, spent your first post on my thread i see.
there are some cool rollers for sale in the classified section, but make sure you get a lightweight model, it will be easier to PUSH to the finish line! :laugh:
j/k good luck. i didnt see the bike you were talking about in the classifieds.
send me a link.
lou

slickrick you just brought an oldie back from the dead haha but to answer thats a heald VT1 but is almost identical to the boonie bike

the hilltopper looks a good bit different, is bigger has fold down bars and full suspension