Help, IDing a frame and such

Hello all,

I've had this frame in my basement as long as i remember, never seen it complete or running. all i know is i mounted a flat 5hp on it and the plug was sticking between the top tubes, tight clearance. im gonna go with a honda 5.5hp

any ways I plan on getting it going because i have extra motors and tires and after that theres not much more to it.

Im trying to figure out what kinda of bike it is any help is appreciated, AND my main concern is finding axles for the front and back.

i think it'll make a nice little complete bike once its done.

THANKS GUYZ:smile:

wow thanks. i guess you can say im the newer generation of minibikers. im 24 if i was around in the 70s i might have been able to name the frame.

I think the forks are not original so this might be a bike for the frankenstien thread:rolleyes:

the front fork has really small eyelets for the axle, like 3/8" or something.

I knew the support on the tail end was for some sort of brake hookup. i thought it would be one of those sprocket/drum combos.

the original caliper would be nice but its probably gonna cost me a bill.

does any have experience building one of these, what kind of parts did you use?

forgive me but i havent searched much as i just thought of it when i was looking at an extra motor i have..

any complete examples of this bike?

Big Jim

Go to the photos section. Scrool down to Cat hpe muskin.
OldMiniBikes warehouse has parts as well as BMI karts, mfgsupply.com has parts.
If those are CAT forks they have had some "work" done to them, they look like the ends of the forks on my Shrike, they will work just use a bushing on the inside of the standard 5/8" id bearing.
I thought most CATs use a two piece, upper bars and lower fork design???

Last edited: