Hemi Head Predator Build (60363)

I haven't seen this thread for a while, I hope it helps some with there build. This engine is still running today on the Savage SSC build, and Ive never checked on how many rpm's it turns.....but it gets spooky at top end.

Last edited:
I haven't seen this thread for a while, I hope it helps some with there build. This engine is still running today on the Savage SSC build, and Ive never checked on how many rpm's it turns.....but it gets spooky at top end.

Beautifull bike! Is that build documented here somewhere?

OND

I am building a similar setup but I am going with a different carb and a 28mm intake valve. I have a .20 longer rod as I was exactly .020 in the hole, milled the head .030, did a multi angle valve job, and I am running the 26# springs with a black mamba Jr cam. I am going to run a fiber head gasket with the fire ring in .040 thickness. I was told the valve will eyebrow the piston. Did you have any clearance issues with your 60363 build?

Hey Jockey....I had no problems at all...I'm still running this same engine today with no problems. How far out of the hole does the piston come ? Oh and this engine has good power and a top end that just seems to never quit... :thumbsup:

The piston sits perfectly flush now with the .020 rod. I am still waiting for the head to be done with the machine work, hopefully this week. I plan to clay the engine to be safe, as I do with all engines I built in the past, but had to ask. Also, did you run stock length pushrods? I ordered chromoly 3/16 push rods but kept the stock length. Did you ever do any upgrades after that build or get a chance to dyno it? I'm building my first mini bike (Coleman CT200U) and got addicted to it lol. I used to race motorcycles but after my drag bike was stolen I never got back into it. Figured I'd build a toy the kids and I could enjoy, and always wanted one growing up. Love these little things! BTW awesome build thread and beautiful bike!

Piston pop out is good then , and the claying of the piston to valves is always wise decision ! Let me know what you come up with ? As for push rods they are stock....I'm still running the stock rockers arms with no trouble yet. Engine runs and Idles great plenty of torque and top end speed.
..Thanks for the kind words ! As far as the bike it self...Its a great ride for sure....not bragging , just thankful it all turned out good..:wink:

Definitely will do! Maybe I'll start a build thread too, now that I'm a member. I'm going to see if I can find a dyno in the Tampa area that can spin with that engine. Would love to see the numbers it makes. I never knew how much market there was in these little engines. Blew my mind, especially for a Harbor Freight engine.

That was supposed to say lash adjusted but my stupid phone corrected it. The intake side was rather short but still tightened up.

Very nice build. Have a few questions for you. Did you cc the head when you got it back? Is an upgraded valve-train a must for this cam? Can this cam be run with stock compression ratio?

You know I don't think I did cc just the head when it came back from the machine shop... I know it would need bigger springs for the cam , so why not just do the ss valves,retainers and locks....really cheap insurance in my opinion. Cam will work just fine with the stock compression ratio....that's not a problem.

Last edited: