Hemi Head Predator Build (60363)

Hello members of this great forum and welcome to this build thread. I would be glad to listen to any Ideas on this build ...so fill free to chime in. Oh and this is not a big engine build thats going to make your mini bike pop wheelies for a hundred feet...but wouldn't that be fun. :scared:

This is the 212 Predator (60363) engine that I'm going to use.

This build is going to be more of a torque build than a high rpm build. So this is some of the parts for this build :Air filter adapter and high flow air filter (K&N Style)

OldMiniBikes 140 e-tube and jet kit.

Last edited:
Black Mamba (junior) cam from Tim Isky. 274 lift @ 230 duration.

26# springs.

Arc billet flywheel (with 32 degrees of timing built in)

I'll be posting more parts as I get them. Also I'm going to cc this engine before its tore down, and after its built... and will be checking stock timing with a timing light and a degree wheel. (before and after build )

Last edited:
Are you using the Hemi head? Will the 26# springs work with the Hemi head?
Yes this is a hemi head engine, and I'm going to use the original head. Valves are going to be stainless 27mm Int. and 25mm Exh. with 26# springs.
I did a quick check on the lift of the stock cam while still in the engine with a dial indicator ...and the lift was down and surprised me. I don't have my notes in front of me but it was something like 221 Int. and 219 Exh. so I will be checking for (spring) coil bind with the 274 lift Isky cam.

The ARC rod and viton coated head gasket came in today, head gasket is .010 thick and the rod is .020 longer.

The guys at the OldMiniBikes warehouse fixed me right up, Thanks guys and gals .

Last edited:
I have started taken the engine apart mostly to get to the point of being able to cc the combustion chamber and checking the stock timing on this (60363) 212 predator.

Ready to bring out the cc burette to check cc's.... timing light and degree wheel to check stock timing on this steel wheel predator.
Springs, retainers and locks should be here tomorrrow ..with any luck.

Last edited:
All I have done measure like 23cc (heads). You wont have any issues with .275 lift and 26 lb springs, as a matter of fact, I usually use the Suzuki locks with the aluminum retainers with a black mamba in the hemi's.. I am very pleased with the power my hemis have made

Hey Barry, probably going to cc the combustion chamber with the head still on ..thinking it will be around 29 to 31 cc's total. I'm hoping to bring the cc's down to atleast 26 maybe 25 cc's.. If I'm lucky..and with no milling unless I have to. Going from a .041 thick head gasket to a .010 thick gasket, rod is .020 longer. But flatmilling is not out of the equation yet.

27mm stainless Int. valve and 25mm stainless Exh. valve, aluminum retainers and keepers came in today.

You might want to check on Hi-Ring or Suzuki Locks to expose more valve stem& give you a little more "Nose" and overall spring pressure,also gives more Rocker clearance..This is what I do.......Just a thought :wink: