Hemi Predator Piston Rings

Anthony now that you got it to start ... Back the lash off to 3ex 2in and see what that does for it ... But that jump almost seems like you are not meshing right with the gov .... That jump almost seems like something is not meshing right with the gov ...

We kind of have to go over everything you did ... And check ... Flywheel torqued ? Rod bolts ? Coil gap ? Timing marks lined up crank and cam ? Rings clocked on new piston .

We kind of have to go over everything you did ... And check ... Flywheel torqued ? Rod bolts ? Coil gap ? Timing marks lined up crank and cam ? Rings clocked on new piston .
Heck yeah Tim, watching that video, it looks and sounds exactly like the governor is getting bumped. Something simple like adjustment even. I mean, it's running GOOD.

Hey, KKK sent me an article over a year ago about some tests done on piston ring gap alignment. While we always offset them, and have for longer than we've been alive, the reality is that during an engine's life span, those rings will be in alignment often, for a few strokes, until they separate. Cummins iirc did a test on compression (diesel) with rings aligned, then out, and found very little difference. Just an aside here on that.

It wasn't showing up on my iPad for some reason.

[video=youtube;6PhhDecJ8LE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PhhDecJ8LE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

^^thanks i dont know why it doesnt post when i do it
It may show up on a desk top computer but my iPhone and iPad it's a no go. Your cam and crank dots appear to be aligned. I say you let us know what all you took out/apart and we can go from there. That thing seems like it is surging for some reason.

When i broke it down i took the spark plug, cam, crank, valves, lifters out, Cleaned the inside down (wiped with greaser) then put everything back. On the outside i took everything off to clean the engine, carb, throttle linkage and all tins. Didnt mess with the Gov at all. I dont think it would cause any issues but would spring placement from gov arm to throttle control cause that?

but would spring placement from gov arm to throttle control cause that?
I make no bones about not working on OHV's. If that was a Tecumseh, and I heard that sound, governor springs are exactly where I'd be looking. When it's jumping like that, I bet if you look at your gov it's going to be jumping too. Something in that gov system is bumping the throttle arm. Maybe get a good photo of that, and one of the OHV guys can tell you what they thing. Too little spring tension maybe allowing the arm to go free. I dunno. That's my guess.

Thanks Dave i messed with the top springs and it did start to run a slight bit better. Does anyone have a picture of the gov to throttle linkage so i can make sure i have it all in the right spots.

Anthony ... Once you get it back together all you have to do to troubleshoot the gov. As a problem is take it out of the equation ... Just disconnect the rod and springs and throttle it manually at the carb to see if it runs right