Herold Inc Super Bronc

next knowing that this beast have been sitting forever i started with the fuel areas the tank and the carb and inspected them for gumming and cracks, how lucky an i everything checks out so its cleaning time wire brushes and a but load of time, also i used a bowl to soak my parts to clean the varnish...

Last edited:
You jumpin right in. You might be ok.:laugh:
lol thx Buckeye I always have been a person thats makes their mind up and go for the goal. Anyways this way i can get ideas from you all and maybe share a bit of info that may help the next builder that gets bit by that darn bug :biggrin:

Ok guys before i get to far ahead of myself im going to post pics of the beast before the work started when i unloaded it in the garage...

Now back to the task, this is the carb after being rebuild new seals, seat, float, needle ect... and alot of elbow grease. And what i used to clean it was a basic solvent carb cleaner wire brushes, needle brushes, some wire from my wire brush to clean the vents and micro holes in the carb body and in the bowl nut...

The engines turn, this engine is a HM80, i took the clutch and ect off of the drive assembly also for inspection and cleaning, alone with the engine covers. Also this is the engine in all diffrent phases of being cleanded and media blasted...

Engine Covers these are almost complete except for the largest part where the pull handle is located. These parts were media blasted and almost ready for powder coating now all i have to do is make my mind up to what colors lol...

these are just shots of more of the frame and i snuck another engine pic in there just for fun, i have a question about the front forks though im not sure how to take them apart or for that matter if they even come apart, so i need help with that before my inside Marine takes over and take my baby 6lb sledge hammer and make the square puzzle peice fit into the circle hole...

Ok thats where im at with the project so far, im about to go into my garage and start working on it again I will post my pics and give you the blow by blow later tonight or in the morning, when i get going im usually in there for awhile lol thx guys for the support also thx...

Yes I took those bolts out, and I noticed some rust inside the bars, I'm not going to post pics tonight I'm kinda tired but I will after work, along with the write up, Gumpit thx for the pic of he springs now I know at least whats in those bars besides rust :thumbsup:...

Engine Covers these are almost complete except for the largest part where the pull handle is located. These parts were media blasted and almost ready for powder coating now all i have to do is make my mind up to what colors lol...
Hey 1Eye,

Man, you are making good progress. That Bronc is going to look brand new when you are finished
:grind::grind::scooter: !

Keep up the good work :thumbsup: !

Man, you are making good progress. That Bronc is going to look brand new when you are finished
:grind::grind::scooter: !

Keep up the good work :thumbsup: ![/QUOTE]

Thx RobertC it's nice to know that I'm going about this the right way, I started to get worried would I loose value in the project for stripping g the original paint and reworking it to my evil paint plans...

Thx RobertC it's nice to know that I'm going about this the right way, I started to get worried would I loose value in the project for stripping g the original paint and reworking it to my evil paint plans...
Hey 1Eye...no man, you'll be adding value for sure...to you, and anyone else who gets to look at it !

By the way, just commented on Prob184's thread, and am going to paste this in yours...good super bronc parts information:

Quoted from Prob184's thread...thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrewton
Ron Kimball of Power-Tec still sells and stocks many parts for the Super Bronc.
Just an amazing experience with him and his family. If you need any info or parts for one of these bikes GO THERE GO THERE GO THERE!!!!!!!
You won't be disappointed!

Info from a thread 2 years ago and he's still going strong.

HERE`S THE PHONE NUMBER FOR RON KIMBALL.
RON HAS HEALD PARTS FOR SALE.

RON WORKED FOR HEALD AND IT`S MY UNDERSTANDING HE WAS THE LAST ONE OUT OF THE BUILDING WHEN THEY CLOSED.

HE`S A GREAT GUY AND VERY HELPFUL.

1-800-535-9529

Originally Posted by RobertC
Hey Prob184 welcome to the site. Wow...great deal on your bikes !

I spoke with Ron today, to order a couple things for my new (to me) super bronc. and he has all sorts of parts for super broncs from the same mfg's that used to supply Heald. His website is Power Tec Replacement Parts | Kimball Hauler | Heald Hauler | Chi Products | Haulmaster Hauler | Pug | Super Bronc | Trail Bronc | Heald Hauler Parts | Super Bronc Parts | Super Tryke Parts | Haulmaster Hauler Parts . (I was interested in finding original style parts for my super bronc, otherwise, I'd definately have used Hent and Vicki at our favorite minibike parts store, the oldminibikes.com store).

Ron also has a schematic available for the vt-8 that show's where every piece should go for only $6.

Not only was Ron very knowledgeable, he is also a nice guy and seemed more than happy to answer my questions....did you know those 8 hp tecumseh motors all came equiped with an alternator, so if you don't have a headlight now, you can add one (and he has access to those also).

Hey 1Eye, I was going to put this in one of your strings, and probably still will, but you and Prob both give Ron a call, you'll be glad you did.

And JBrewton, thanks for putting this in the thread in the first place ! you three folks are all from around the same state (I think I read that rigt)....anywhere near each other ? (I know CO is a big state, but you never know).

end quote..

Keep up the good work 1Eye.