Hey Hent. Where Is My Ad?

Hey I'm kinda offended I really like some of my :chinese::001_9898: lol .but no really this is the only website where I feel like there are people like me out there somewhere doing the same stuff as me and usually better than me at it oh well thank you Hent ,OldMiniBikes, and any other moderators out there I love this site and wouldn't change anything about it all of you guys and gals on here are the snitzel

Hey I'm kinda offended I really like some of my :chinese::001_9898: lol .but no really this is the only website where I feel like there are people like me out there somewhere doing the same stuff as me and usually better than me at it oh well thank you Hent ,OldMiniBikes, and any other moderators out there I love this site and wouldn't change anything about it all of you guys and gals on here are the snitzel
:thumbsup: You're the snitzel too!

I may be new here myself, but I cant help but reply here....... I do belong to other forums for my hot rods/ classic cars I own, old garden tractors I play with too, but I have to repeat the sentiment I read elsewhere in this thread in that this is hands down the most enjoyable site, with the friendliest folks I've come to converse with regarding a hobby(sometimes called a sickness). The help and info from many here has made the difference where it comes to delving deeper into this hobby. If not for these folks I may have stepped back and lost interest. For that, myself, and my 7 year old daughter who will very soon have her own restored Boonie bike thanks to help from some members here.... Thank-you for the effort put into keeping it safe for all!

I may be new here myself, but I cant help but reply here....... I do belong to other forums for my hot rods/ classic cars I own, old garden tractors I play with too, but I have to repeat the sentiment I read elsewhere in this thread in that this is hands down the most enjoyable site, with the friendliest folks I've come to converse with regarding a hobby(sometimes called a sickness). The help and info from many here has made the difference where it comes to delving deeper into this hobby. If not for these folks I may have stepped back and lost interest. For that, myself, and my 7 year old daughter who will very soon have her own restored Boonie bike thanks to help from some members here.... Thank-you for the effort put into keeping it safe for all!
Dang straight! Good post.

Doc

Amen!

capguncowboy

Big shout out to Hent and others for managing a wonderful website! :thumbsup: Does anyone know the OP's actual date of shredding? lol:laugh:
I think he said 21 days on the 8th. So the 29th?

Anyone else find a little irony in him "shredding parts" if someone doesn't pay $1000 for a mystery pile of uninvoiced parts. Then he talks about people ruining vintage bikes by putting clones on them. I bet engines would be easier to find if people didn't hoard them... then destroy them when they're done hoarding.

I may not be a total purist and I have nothing against clones on the right bikes, but at least I would never destroy parts out of spite.

I have no problem doing whatever it takes to make something ridable. Whether modifying or putting a clone on. But if something is original and worthy of being restored I sell it to someone who will do it justice. I have sold Herters,Healds and even a Bonanza that David Wulf has in the buildoff as well as others that I am sure will be restored and kept as fine examples of this great hobby.

I think he said 21 days on the 8th. So the 29th?

Anyone else find a little irony in him "shredding parts" if someone doesn't pay $1000 for a mystery pile of uninvoiced parts. Then he talks about people ruining vintage bikes by putting clones on them. I bet engines would be easier to find if people didn't hoard them... then destroy them when they're done hoarding.

I may not be a total purist and I have nothing against clones on the right bikes, but at least I would never destroy parts out of spite.
He's not going to destroy them. (IMO) Just a scare tactic to tug at our heartstrings. If he doesn't have time, he needs to find a consignment shop or somebody who will take the time and sell & ship the stuff for him for a percentage cut. If there is way more than $1000 value there, he will still net his $1000 demand. Just not up front like he wants. :thumbsup:

Twid

~JM~ sucks at life he most likely is broke and doesn't now how to handle him self. The hostility he has is a sign of weakness and can't recognize a good thing when it's in his face. If he just sold the motors each for $100 + shipping he would make his $1000 quick who wouldn't pay $200 + shipping for a raptor. There might be a dope problem as well. Who knows. Blaming others for his problems is just downright stupid, this is a great forum and I enjoy it every day. I always recommend OldMiniBikes when ever I talk about my mini bike to anyone. THANK YOU OldMiniBikes!!

2SlickNick

He has now joined DIYgokarts and is pushing the sale there Lol. So it looks like he will sell it instead of sending it to the scrap yard. Maybe.

I'm looking to visit the fellow next week on my days off. I talked to him on the phone last week on my lunch hour and he seemed completely reasonable and up front in answering my questions.

I'm looking to visit the fellow next week on my days off. I talked to him on the phone last week on my lunch hour and he seemed completely reasonable and up front in answering my questions.
Well you might have a better shot now that he doesn't have this forum to sell his stuff. And it sounds like he is too lazy to list it to get top dollar. Good luck. Let us know how you make out.

Not sure why he's getting so much grief!
We're all looking for vintage stuff at a good price, which is what he had and the $ was reasonable for the lot.
If he wasn't really willing to do some legwork then it was destined to end in failure!

He just went about it in a poor (wrong) way and imploded with the anti Chinese and anti OldMiniBikes sentiment!
Biting the hand that feeds you is always the wrong plan!

Last edited: