Hey Hent. Where Is My Ad?

capguncowboy

Maybe he wanted to help you avoid everyone wasting your time. Sorry he pulled your ad down. I was looking forward to seeing it all get shredded

When I first began frequenting this site in 2008, it was a cool site. The membership was composed of guys who actually lived & rode these minibikes during the 60's & 70's. The focus was on the collecting, preservation & the restoration, of classic American made minibikes.

Then the pocket-bike punk invasion began. Bunch of kids who broke their Chinese pocket-bikes & couldn't figure out how to fix or maintain them properly. Suddenly this site became all about these kids finding classic minibikes & ruining them by sanding/stripping the original finish off, spray painting them black, or ratting them out. Then to add insult to injury... Bolting on a cheap Chinese clone engine. How original!

This site needs to change the name to: CheapChinesePoweredPieceOfCrap.com

~JM~ Out!!!

When I first began frequenting this site in 2008, it was a cool site. The membership was composed of guys who actually lived & rode these minibikes during the 60's & 70's. The focus was on the collecting, preservation & the restoration, of classic American made minibikes.

Then the pocket-bike punk invasion began. Bunch of kids who broke their Chinese pocket-bikes & couldn't figure out how to fix or maintain them properly. Suddenly this site became all about these kids finding classic minibikes & ruining them by sanding/stripping the original finish off, spray painting them black, or ratting them out. Then to add insult to injury... Bolting on a cheap Chinese clone engine. How original!

This site needs to change the name to: CheapChinesePoweredPieceOfCrap.com

~JM~ Out!!!
Hmmmmmmm, i'm not a kid or Chinese??????

2SlickNick

Well... The cheap Chinese crap is what got me hooked into the art of minibikes...
The people that rode these in the 60's and 70's are the founding fathers, but it is up to them to help with today's mainstream " punks" to help promote the love and respect.

I had three Chinese bikes before I finally was able to get a nice well-built American-made.
if it wasn't for those Chinese bikes I would never have fallen in love with minibikes.

The site is FANTASTIC! It is a great base for all things MiniBike related. Things evolve, such is life.

There are things here that interest me and things that don't. Things I prefer and things I don't. What I can say without hesitation is there are some absolutely amazing people here whose skills and knowledge far eclipse mine and without their posts and their help and their care to my needing help, I wouldn't have learned anything close to what these people have taught me.

You can grump about the boards, but you damn well can't take anything away from these people and their care and kindness. It's a shame you are having a different experience.

Doc

MCF2891

It's a shame that that some people have problems with something as ridiculous as a dang pocket bike. Isn't this a forum for all mini bikes that are new or old? To me this is the only mini bike forum that has members that are nice and know what they are talking about and also don't judge people based on the kind of mini bike that people own. But oh well.

As a sophomore on this site, I can add to docdc's comments. I am amazed at the skill set of many of the builders on this forum. Some take bikes destined for the scrap heap or simply another man's trash and make diamonds out it. Others are dedicated to accurate restorations and so on. In my area, I've yet to find a bike at a reasonable cost that only needs to be lightly restored let alone have an engine. I've done two clones, four Tecumsehs, one Honda OHC and two Briggs engines. My bikes come to me tired and often hacked up and while I do my best to find a period correct engine, they are tougher to find as these were worth more in a scrap yard up until a year or two ago. So I find solace in making something from nothing and giving a hunk of metal new life. My hands have thick callouses and my only worry is how to make something work. Not bad for a 57 year old teenager who didn't have the good fortune of having these toys in the 60s and 70s.

MCF2891

I agree 100% with Dr. Shop Teacher. I'm only a junior in high school and I do the best that I can with what I have to make myself a mini bike that I am damn well proud of.

buckeye

I would have jumped off the roof if it wasn't for OldMiniBikes.
I, through this site, have learned some good things about life.
Maybe you could learn some good things in life as well.

I know several people that would send you the cash for this if they knew what they were buying.
A good seller would take a inventory of what they had and present it in a proper manner.

Your frail attempt at listing something for sale and not listing what you are selling , is a juvenile move.

capguncowboy

I would have jumped off the roof if it wasn't for OldMiniBikes.
I, through this site, have learned some good things about life.
Maybe you could learn some good things in life as well.

I know several people that would send you the cash for this if they knew what they were buying.
A good seller would take a inventory of what they had and present it in a proper manner.

Your frail attempt at listing something for sale and not listing what you are selling , is a juvenile move.
I have a friend that lives within an hour's drive of there. No way would I send them over with the cash unless I had an inventory list and some more detailed pictures. It's not even clear enough for me to take interest in it. :shrug:

Pay attention....

Banned and now you get to hang out with MBP and TT on the forever list for annoying the crap out of me.

I'm not always the one who deletes threads and posts, nor is it the people who you THINK are moderators. I do have office people who check the forum for spam and just outright ridiculous shit, and when this sort of stuff is brought to my attention, changes happen and maybe not always for the best.

No one deletes posts for no reason, I guarantee it.

This is just a situation of a cry baby gone wrong.

As far as the site changing formats a bit, yes , there weren't a ton of clones or predators then.... guess what made go-karting and mini biking, drift triking, mud boating and other shit fun and affordable? Your 3.5HP tecumseh that doesn't run? I'm all about period correct engines on proper bikes, don't get me wrong... however I'd rather see a bike being ridden than sitting.

Take a poll of how many people found a shitty doodle bug and got into vintage, or found a vintage bike cloned it and then went onto full restorations?

Yellowhand... go look at all of his vintage mini bikes and posts, no one bitched about the pocket bike wheels then? Jeep2003? There are plenty of members who bring way more to the table than a guy with a bunch of vintage parts and bikes.

If I had the opportunity to change the name of the forum I would, because most people take it too literally.

Hey Hent.Even god can't please everyone.But I must admit,you certainly try.I for one would like to thank you for a site that offers as much as this one .

Is this the guy who had a ton of pictures of motors and stuff but wouldn't separate any of it?

If so, I don't see the connection between your for sale thread being taken down, and other people not being into vintage bikes. I mean both statements might be true but other than that they have nothing to do with each other.

Like was said, if it was listed in a better (normal) fashion it would have stayed up and I guarantee you would have sold all of it, some of it hopefully to me. It seems like it should have been a no brainer to follow the rules in order to maximize profits.

I haven't been here forever but this place has great members, people always willing to help each other, etc. and meeting them IRL confirms they are great people. It's a shame you didn't just list out your parts but that's not our fault dude, that's your bad.
Blaming an entire website for your mistake is weak as all hell IMHO.

Good luck selling your stuff, and I mean that - not being a wisenheimer and I hope you find peace with whatever conflicts you are currently having.

What a jerk he is!!!! If you do not like it here then go some where else. I agree there are a lot of friendly helpful talented people here that will bend over backwards to help. Some cannot afford an old classic bike so why criticize them? Most people have to start small or cheap so why is that so wrong? Just my 2 cents as I enjoy this site everyday.