HF California clone question

California question - My HF has the 60014 with the L shaped gas tank. I assume this is the CARB model for CA. Thing is, they also have a display model that has the older style tank. Can I assume that the display is a non-CARB model (no model # on it)? Also, is it worth trying to get a non CA model or just go for the 60014? Anybody have a thought on this?

vette66_00

California question - My HF has the 60014 with the L shaped gas tank. I assume this is the CARB model for CA. Thing is, they also have a display model that has the older style tank. Can I assume that the display is a non-CARB model (no model # on it)? Also, is it worth trying to get a non CA model or just go for the 60014? Anybody have a thought on this?
Basically the block, head, and internals are the same on the carb and non-carb models. This difference comes from the tank and the carb hoses. The non carb engine is lower on the gas tank and has less hoses.

The display model maybe the older model that was a exact clone of the honda with the 4 bolts on the valve cover instead of the current 5 bolts.

If you plan on using a kit to install your engine you will need the non-carb engine. If you dont use a kit you can use the carb model but you will have to pull the black plastic cover off of the gas cap if its going into a Doodle Bug type mini.

Last edited:

twerkd

i wanted to add to this post as well i recently picked up a 6.5 harbor frieght clone 2010 model carb model unfortunatley and have noticed that the idle mixture scew is non adjustable and glued in place as well as the idle screw has a cap on it to try to keep u from messin with the carb i guess anywayz mine would run for about 5 minutes then shut off and wouldnt start noticed the plug was fouled out at that point well long story short i replaced the non adjustable with the oem ones and set everything at stock settings now runs strong :scooter: