Honda Crank vs Clone Crank

I am in need of a new crank for my modded 6.5 blue Clone. Is a Honda GX160 or GX200 crank a direct swap with the clone? I might as well put a Genuine Honda Crank in there if I am going to buy one anyways. Thanks

Sorry for the thread jack as well but what all has to be done to make a Gx200 crank work in a 160. I noticed last night that NR has a stroker kit for the 160's taking them to 180cc but it cost $500 and come with crank, rod and piston but doesn't really give that much info on it.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Sorry for the thread jack as well but what all has to be done to make a Gx200 crank work in a 160. I noticed last night that NR has a stroker kit for the 160's taking them to 180cc but it cost $500 and come with crank, rod and piston but doesn't really give that much info on it.
Don't even bother with it
Just buy a Predator motor at 212cc and be done. Cost $100

Sounds like you only want 10hp or less

Lol no I would like to see if I could get a Gx160 to 15hp but I might be dreaming a Lil too high. After I kill this one I WILL be going to a 200 or possibly a stroker but not exact yet.

Not to be a smart@$$ or anything but I would put money on my Gx160 making more that 10hp already.

Last edited:

rmm727

The 160's block has a shorter deck so putting the 200's crank in would put the piston over the top. An extremely thick head gasket (I seem to recall atleast .050-.060") or a deck extension allows this to work. Sneaks on Bob's 4 cycle did a build on this.

Thanks as I have not had the time to pull this gx160 apart yet. I see gx200 reg. & tall blocks are only like $25 to $40 too so......:wink: