Honda GC190 Carb not taking fuel

Hi guys. I have a GC190 with a stock carb. I am trying to get fuel to it but when the line is hooked up to the carb, I get no flow. I have it mounted under an in-frame tank with a filter and shutoff.

Everything flows well if I pull the line off the carb. Any ideas as to what the problem is?

Thanks

Yes it did.
I saw that many guys on here were doing it. I have had it running but it always runs out of fuel.

I do not have the stock fuel pump hooked up. I figured the fuel would supply itself from gravity.

Neck

Growing up is optional
It should gravity feed with no problem, but I have been surprised before. Mine came off a pressure washer, and I found the carb was full of chalky white stuff. Seems it had ingested water at some point before I got it. Just for kicks, hook the tank into the pump and see what happens.

Neck

Growing up is optional
Generally, the filter gets full as the filter gets more plugged. So it's not running with the bowl full?

It should gravity feed with no problem, but I have been surprised before. Mine came off a pressure washer, and I found the carb was full of chalky white stuff. Seems it had ingested water at some point before I got it. Just for kicks, hook the tank into the pump and see what happens.
yea I found the same thing to my 8hose briggs off of an wood chipper just full to the brim of white powder

The engine will run. However, it will not draw any fuel through the line. The line is free and flows well when I remove it from the carb. When I put the line back on the carb, the engine will run fine but use all the fuel out of the lower part of the line and filter. It will do this with or without the tank cap on. :shrug:

I wonder if I need more fuel in the tank? Give it more pressure?

The bowl stays full while ther is fuel in the lower line. Then most of the bowl is used up then it stalls.

When I loosen the screw on the bowl drain I can pass fuel right through it. So the flow is there.

Here is how I have it run. You can see the fuel only fills a small part of the filter. Then the lower part of the line under the filter goes dry after it runs for a while.

I have not checked the shut off valve yet. It was too damn hot here yesterday.