Honda GROM 125cc

Its a cool bike, Pricey for what it is. But why did they give it a dumb name, It looks like a modern version of the ZB50 they should of went with ZB125

Cool! Obvious descendent of a CT70 and awesome looking. I think $3,000 isn't terrible. I'd pay it if it's a quality bike . I just want to know the top speed. Every other spec is out there. Regardless of what you think of the looks, you have to admit it's way cooler than a modern scooter.

I actually was @ Honda dealer today and put deposit on one of this. Here's my reasoning:
1) I have 4 CT70s and 2 Z50s, love them but always wanted to have NEW one, not Chinese clone but new from Honda.
2) There's no any other street legal motorcycle coming from Honda Yamaha Suzuki or Kawi with engine displacement below 250cc or so. Those who was born abroad or older generation people know that there's whole motorcycle world in the engine displacement category below 250cc but unfortunately it is completely not represented on American market and roads this days
3) Grom is fuel injected small class motorcycle and for $3k your only option would be a japs scooters or Chinese clones or Taiwanese Sym Wolf which is also a knock off of Honda

BTW Grom has many meanings in Russian for instance it means Thunder lol

I actually was @ Honda dealer today and put deposit on one of this. Here's my reasoning:
1) I have 4 CT70s and 2 Z50s, love them but always wanted to have NEW one, not Chinese clone but new from Honda.
2) There's no any other street legal motorcycle coming from Honda Yamaha Suzuki or Kawi with engine displacement below 250cc or so. Those who was born abroad or older generation people know that there's whole motorcycle world in the engine displacement category below 250cc but unfortunately it is completely not represented on American market and roads this days
3) Grom is fuel injected small class motorcycle and for $3k your only option would be a japs scooters or Chinese clones or Taiwanese Sym Wolf which is also a knock off of Honda

BTW Grom has many meanings in Russian for instance it means Thunder lol

To call sym a knock of is not true they were a joint venture from 1962 to 2002. meaning they had honda tooling and honda know how.

Agreed Sym quality is good, I have Symba and very happy, I don't really know how to call those "half blooded bikes" like Stella Sym etc not knock offs but yet off the brand with original tooling not really supervised by Honda but good quality ....
Point is it would not be right to compare Honda's 30 year old carbureted bike with PGM-FI Grom. BTW I might be buying Wolf as well or Skyteam Ace if it would make it here ;)

I was at the local Honda dealer last weekend and they had two Ruckus, but no Grom. The Ruckus was $2500 out the door. The two there didn't look too good. Like they had been used on several rough test rides.

The Grom is interesting, but with me being 6' 3", I am betting it would be too small for me. But I could sit on the Ruckus ok....

It's my understanding the Grom 125 should hit the US dealer about August. USSR I am curious if they estimated a delivery date for you? Also did they quote you a price yet? (if you don't mind me asking) I ask because previous Hondas I have purchased varied substantially by region to the point where I drove 2 days to and back to get my TRX for over $2k less than I could get it locally here in the north east.

Yes dealers will start getting it in late Aug. There's no estimated delivery date so I was calling dealers this Monday hoping I will get one of the first bikes and will try to catch remainder of this riding season on the new bike. Unfortunately Honda dealer on 11th Ave in Manhattan is closed long time ago, called House of Honda in Mamaroneck NY but this dealer didn't even heard about Grom (I was in this dealership few times before and each time I got a feeling as if everybody there is asleep, very slow people not rushing to sell anything), Shelby's Powersports in the Bronx didn't heard about Grom as well but NY Honda in Queens and Champion Honda in Hicksville NY were accepting pre orders so I made a trip to Queens and put $300 deposit on one. Here's the breakdown of the price:
$2999 MSRP
$221 Sales Tax
No Freight or Assembly charges
$75 Processing Fee
$11 inspection

Total $3306 and DMV Fees on me.

BTW in Thailand this bike cost $2217, here MSRP is $2999. Guess extra $782 US consumers have to pay for DOT EPA and all that stuff?