Honda Ruckus - Any Owners Out There??

Hi Everyone, I was hoping some of you could give me some positive or negative input based on your experience with the Honda Ruckus. I love riding mini bikes, and would like to have a legit/legal street mini bike. I'm not a big fan of full size motorcycles, so the Ruckus seems like a good fit. Let me know what you think.

There seems to be a big following of owners/modders for those! I deffinately think they look alot cooler than most of the other scooters available!!

ya, they do look cooler than the normal scooter, i like the bare bones look. It's great that you could mod this ruckus with all the parts available on eBay, maybe give it a little more hp!! cheers

maverick1

There is a group in the Orlando area that comes over to the beach side periodically. They ride the Ruckus or the Ruckus clone. There are some awesome looking slammed and stretch bikes in the group. Talked to a gent that rides them. He said great bikes but once you slam them you can feel every rock on the road. In short seem to have a good following here and very cool looking.

I don't personally have one but my father bought one for cruising locally. I think it's great for when we go racing because it's off road capable and seems far more durable then your average scooter. He has moded the clutch and CDI. It now does about 48mph.

I had 3 last year and sold 2 then bought another one this year. They are a high quality great bike that holds its value very well.
They are trouble free just need to keep the fuel system clean and use alcohol free gas for best results. Electric start along with a very quiet exhaust too make it a real pleasure to ride. I had one with over 15,000 miles and it ran great. If you like to customize there are all sorts of accessories made for them and you can stretch them out and make low riders out of them too. Gary M

toomanytoys

I rode one, I was disappointed with the power. I have no idea why Honda won't up the motor size and let it be able to cruise comfortably at 55mph rather than 40s.

Rupp 72

I rode one, I was disappointed with the power. I have no idea why Honda won't up the motor size and let it be able to cruise comfortably at 55mph rather than 40s.
umm... they do. It's the Big Ruckus. 250cc engine, they have great power. My buddies would do almost 65 mph steadily. HondaBigRuckus.jpg

toomanytoys

UMMM...The big Rukus was made from 2004 to 2007. It's no longer in production. I've never seen one for sale. I'm not sure what the production numbers on them are but I imagine it wasn't very high that they are going to be common finds for a 3 year production run.

It also weighed in at nearly 350lbs! Heavy for a little fun scooter.

2016 Ruckus Overview - Honda Powersports

All they make now is the little rukus 50cc. If they took it to a 150CC Kept the weight about the same, it would be an awesome ride.

Rupp 72

I'm sure 150cc would ride great, but then legally it is a motorcycle and not a scooter, so they would have a harder time selling them as most people would be turned away at the fact they need a MC license to drive it.

toomanytoys

In Ohio it doesn't matter if it's 50cc or 1,000cc you need a motorcycle license to drive it on the road.

Figure most states are like that.

Either way 50cc or 1000cc you need a motorcycle plate for it.

Rupp 72

Yeah here in Wisconsin anyone can drive a scooter under 50cc or under, still needs a plate but it is classified as a moped or scooter and doesn't require an MC license.