Honda z50 subforum

So what if you were a kid and the so called 3spd Honda wasn't born yet ? Not everyone was born the same time you were and had a choice.
True that! Heck, when the rich kids started getting those cool mini trails, those of us with crappy old minibikes were envious! Except for me, I didn't have a mini bike, I had a really crappy 68 Honda CT90. My friends lil Indian was way cooler! :scooter:

It's almost comical that anyone thinks the old school minibike crowd hates on Honda mini trails because the OHV killed the lawnmower bike. I still think those old 50's and 70's are cool.

I enjoy all the bikes no matter what size wheel , type of engine or country of origin lol
In some ways the cheap chinese junk Db's and Baja's are what is brining new people to the love of minibikes and keeping our "hobby" ( addiction ) going

:thumbsup:

True that! Heck, when the rich kids started getting those cool mini trails, those of us with crappy old minibikes were envious! Except for me, I didn't have a mini bike, I had a really crappy 68 Honda CT90. My friends lil Indian was way cooler! :scooter:

It's almost comical that anyone thinks the old school minibike crowd hates on Honda mini trails because the OHV killed the lawnmower bike. I still think those old 50's and 70's are cool.
I went from a minibike straight to a Honda 305 Scrambler. The Honda mini trail 50's and 70's weren't even out yet :shrug: I think I was the only kid in jr high that had a motorcycle :laugh::laugh: I paid $300.00 for that used Scrambler, wish I had it now !

I had a Rupp minibike to a Suzuki Gaucho 50 in 1971-57 mph not drafting :)

Never lost a dragrace at local strip in the 50cc class, even doing a wheelie.

Still jealous for an SL70 or XL75. They were the first to beat me but not in my racing class...I toasted the Yamaha Mini-enduro but they were cool.

I passed on the Suzuki Trailhopper and got the Gaucho for $275 OTD, had them add a Preston Petty fender, Basani expansion chamber and knobby.

I ruled the neighborhood mini-cycles. :)

Nix the chamber...I had that on my TS125 later.

Last edited:
1976 z50

Someone had lots of black spray...I think it may have protected some stuff...I'm willing to remove it and restore it.

Can't you see a Canary Yellow 76 z under there?

:)

Earl

1979 Z50R

original

My K1 is the nicest and currently in red primer-tank, frame and forks.

Many NOS parts replaced the OOS :)

The 1973 z50 K4 is disassembled.

Pics later.

I've often wondered why some of you Honda boys don't host a separate web site dedicated solely to Z50's and the like. If I had the computer skills and knowledge I'd host a Fox Campus site in a minute. Ogy

toomanytoys

A couple years ago I bought a domain name www.kitminibikes.com It has since expired.

My goal and plan was to focus on Heath kit bikes, heald bikes, and anything else that could be bought in "KIT" form. I bought the site about 3 weeks before my divorce, that all went down and then I never started back into it after it calmed down.

A little off topic, but buying a domain name and setting up a site is pretty easy. It's if you get a ton of traffic and start exceeding your bandwidth it starts to get very pricey. I'm sure the hosting for this site is quite expensive.

1,395 visitors / day
41,850 visitors / month
502,200 visitors / year
6,856 pageviews / day
205,680 pageviews / month
2,468,160 pageviews / year
Not sure how accurate that information is, but that is oldminibikes.com visitor counts. Pretty reasonable. It says the website pulls a 7200.00 a year profit, not sure how that is as I never see advertising on here.

Here we go again:eek:ut:
My Minitrails are my favorite Minibikes:laugh::laugh:
This one is my favorite today I think:shrug:
I have a couple more check my photos.

zeeman

I'm all for a sub forum on the 50's. I have only one at this time, but it sure is fun. The other Honda minitrail forums are more geared toward hopped up, stretched 50's, and don't really cater to original type minitrails.

I remember when I was about 12 years old and was working on my first minibike build consisting of an unknown mini frame from my friend and a collection used briggs engines I was trying to get running :)

Anyways, my older brother sees what I'm up to and asks me where he can find a minibike. I tell him to ask around and buy anything you can find that's cheap. One day he comes home with a roller for $25 and says, "I don't understand where you bolt the briggs engine to this". I tell him, " You bought a Honda 50 roller dude, you can only use a Honda motor on that. He said, " You told me to buy anything cheap, now you say this is the wrong bike and he won't let me return it". :laugh:

The funny part is he rode it like push scooter for 3 weeks and one day he was riding around and we heard police sirens and he jumped off of it and dragged it into the bushes behind a house. :laugh: We told him he was only going to get a ticket if he was riding it with the engine on. :laugh: