Hot rod inspired arco

Engine looks Greeeeeeeeeeeat ! :thumbsup:
Thanks OND! So far, everything pictures really well...it's actually not as nice in person. But I build all my bikes to ride, and they all have rattle can paint jobs. There's some bikes on this forum that are painted so nice I would be afraid to sit on them. Maybe one day I can reach that level of build quality.

Twid

Thanks owend! This was originally going to be a rat roddish style build, but it has kinda snowballed into something a little nicer
I hate that term rat rod growing up, a rat was a snitch, then View attachment 77770 now View attachment 77771 same car new paint but now people don't call it a rat rod aka snitch rods are unsafe crap thrown together to sell to suckers on C-List.... But anyways sharp lookin build cant wait to see it all finished.

Last edited:
Bike looks GREAT !!! :thumbsup: So, I'm guessing you're not waiting until your son is older to build it with him ? :laugh:
If my son takes any interest in the bike when he's older, I'd like to rebuild it with him and make it his bike...until then I'll have fun with it.

I hate that term rat rod growing up, a rat was a snitch, then View attachment 77770 now View attachment 77771 same car new paint but now people don't call it a rat rod aka snitch rods are unsafe crap thrown together to sell to suckers on C-List.... But anyways sharp lookin build cant wait to see it all finished.
I totally agree with you. Being involved with the car show scene, I hear the term "rat rod" thrown around all the time... and it's usually describing something that isn't a rat rod. In my opinion, rat rods are crap that people with no skills throw together with junkyard parts to get attention. That's a beautiful ride you got there by the way.

The engine turned out great looking! We may have to put up some side-by-side shots of your ARCO and my "other car-maker" blue bike!
Thanks for the compliments! I don't know how the tec is gonna run, I hope it has enough guts to pull the bike around. I got the engine off a thunderbird that we predator swapped, and it ran good at the time it just had a well worn clutch. I just performed a good cleaning on the engine and shot a little rattle can paint job on it and called it good. With the gear ratio it has, I'm thinking it will be alright

Thanks for the compliments! I don't know how the tec is gonna run, I hope it has enough guts to pull the bike around. I got the engine off a thunderbird that we predator swapped, and it ran good at the time it just had a well worn clutch. I just performed a good cleaning on the engine and shot a little rattle can paint job on it and called it good. With the gear ratio it has, I'm thinking it will be alright
You should. I used a 3.5 on a vintage Thunderhawk with a 72 tooth sprocket. I was a good bit over 200 lbs at that time and it pulled me just fine (no land speed records though!)

The speed calculator says a top speed of 18mph at 3600 rpms so I'm not looking to go very fast on this thing... that's why I left the scrub brake on it. The bike will really be more of a novelty than a rider.

The speed calculator says a top speed of 18mph at 3600 rpms so I'm not looking to go very fast on this thing... that's why I left the scrub brake on it. The bike will really be more of a novelty than a rider.
I hadn't noticed the scrub...I'd rather have that over the disc caliper...my 400s slow down leisurely with the caliper (and they're both 6.5 hp preds). My Thunderbird needed the scrub with the Honda monster I had on it.