How many sizes smaller?

You could put it together witout a belt take an old belt the same width cut it into wrap it around mark lenght you need for the fit yiou want measure the out side length and try a belt that size good luck :smile:

george3

why dont you measure center of engine shaft to center of driven shaft and look it up on the chart? The chart tells you size belt to order from comet.

i have this little golden band on mine which keeps it from crawling. so like just a hair off of the driver?
I have them snug and slightly loose, they seem to very even as complete Tav sets! :eek:ut: Your lucky because you can move the engine so dialing it in so it doesn't "walk" is easy.

You never said what size you ordered and it will depend on the size of next two sizes down. The vendor can help you on what size to get and might even take your other belt back. :thumbsup:

203581A BELT 203581A 8 3/16 to 8 1/4 7 5/16 to 7 3/8 30-1/4 24.95
thats the belt i have. im thinking of cutting my old one to see what the ideal size is and going to northern tool and finding one very similar

Is the new belt the same size as your, old one? If so, cut 31/32" out of your old and try it on. The next size shorter is 31/32 shorter. Or if you can move the engine, try it forward as far as it goes with the belt you have now.

george3

holey crap am I going to be in a load of trouble. I didnt know the charts were not correct. I need a belt on the powell. worst yet I need a custom fit belt 30 series for the bonanza. what series is he running? I will read back to see if it is listed.

george3

The belt no. you ordered are 30 series. 3/4 wide, the v in them are |/ are your pullys that shape? If you have this set up and both driver and driven are correct then it will be easier. on a tav 30 the belt can be taken off by hand with out moveing the engine Its tite to get off but does come off. If everything is 30 series why not go by that theory, should be real close. if its 20 series you are sol. I dont know yet.