How to deal with spam on OldMiniBikes.

Hent

Don't QUOTE or reply to any spam post. Don't click any of their links, just completely ignore them. Please just report the post by clicking the !! button under the users name. Once it's reported I can get it taken care of.

that would also keep out people that know nothing about mini bikes. a lot of the time, it's an actual person that makes the account, so just some general knowledge question wouldn't help.

What does the !! do? I've seen you say about that before but I never noticed it until just now down there by online or offline.

mybiz

Thanks for the !! button now i dont have to pester you no more about the spammers!
Now I'll have to find something else to :censure: about.

oldsledz

that would also keep out people that know nothing about mini bikes. a lot of the time, it's an actual person that makes the account, so just some general knowledge question wouldn't help.
It could be a real easy ?? like how many wheels do most mini bikes have.

I'm very naive i guess what part of the posts are referring to as spam maybe my posts are considered spam > if so please enlighten me don't want to ruffel any feathers enjoy the site thanks:confused:

spam is like advertising and stuff like that.
but on the topic, i completely agree with oldsledz. It should be a question that spammers dont want to take the time to figure out. If anyone really wants to join oldminibikes.com then they could look the question up on the net

It could be a real easy ?? like how many wheels do most mini bikes have.
If the question is too easy, the spammers (usually real people while signing up to create the accounts) can figure it out and pass on through to registration.

Right now, as mentioned, the !! button is the least amount of work, while still allowing people who aren't so computer literate the opportunity to join the site.

Spam Posts are posts containing lots of links and random text that usually makes no sense.

Hent. Could the "!!" box be changed to something like "Report User" or "Report As Spam"? I think alot of people don't know what that "!!" box means unless they mouse over it.

I've also noticed on other sites that when registering you have to wait untill the admin accepts your request. It may be a bit more work than you care to have right now but it might help? Just a couple of suggestions :thumbsup: