HPE Muskin Cat 400 ts

I came across an HPE Muskin Cat 400 ts a few years ago and I'm now starting to work on it. What I need is a parts list/schematic on the bike as it was in pieces when I picked it up. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

buckeye

Welcome to OldMiniBikes.
There may be some of what you need in the Cat owners group. Tons of photos and brochures.

What you need?

I belong to the CAT owners group and sent a separate post on the bike but did not get any response. I have looked around and did see some pictures, but none that would help me put this bike back together (I admit that I haven't looked real hard). Just looking for a parts list as I would like to try to put it back together with original or close to original parts/looks.

I belong to the CAT owners group and sent a separate post on the bike but did not get any response. I have looked around and did see some pictures, but none that would help me put this bike back together (I admit that I haven't looked real hard). Just looking for a parts list as I would like to try to put it back together with original or close to original parts/looks.
Seems like everyone's got to keep a secret sometimes, with regard to parts, and historic facts. Few of the CAT owners group regularly check in, so it's more of a repository of information.

Best bet is to Google Search that TS and the hits will bring you back to this website. From there, you will find several posts over the years that may aide you. Worst case scenario, you wouldn't be the first to try and restore a vintage bike using a reproduced ad from 1972. Good luck, and like Capgun says, we like photos.

capguncowboy

Here are a couple of threads that might be useful for you

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/project-logs/85534-heres-cat-guys.html?highlight=400ts
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/project-logs/53112-project-cat-owner.html?highlight=400ts

Those bikes are awesome. The 400 was a larger frame compared to other Cat models. It's a nice find for sure.

Do you have an engine, seat, shocks, switchplate, handlebars, fenders, clutch cover, kickstand, grips, cables, disk caliper and two speed clutch and jackshaft ... ? If not, I hope you're ready to sell your soul in exchange for those things :laugh: Parts are really getting hard to find on those

The seat was in terrible shape when I found it, but I could make something for that. All of the parts are there, although I know that I need to replace both clutches. It looks like there was a sprocket on both ends of the jackshaft, but rust and age have taken their toll on it. I have most if not all of the original parts for the bike. The fenders were so rusted that they began to pit, but I sanded them down and painted them black, also. If I can't find parts for it, or aftermarket parts to fix it up, I may start to piece it out and sell. Don't want to go down that road though.

Anyone know what size sprocket was on the jackshaft? I have the original, but because of rust and age, it's gone. I just checked the clutches and I need to replace the brakes inside. Working on the motor, now. Even with it sitting outside, it is not seized, just needs a good cleaning, it turns over and I'm getting spark ;), muffler and air cleaner. Plan on buying tires and tubes in the near future. The split rims were rusted and pitted inside, so I sanded and gave them an oil bath. Once I clean them off, I'll paint them and get the tires on them.

bobbyk

I just came across a cat 400 ts and am in the process of a restoration..all i need is the switch plate that was in frontm of the seat...anybody? and yes it is all original...