HS40 lighted flywheel starter cup and blower housing

Hmmm, no idea, any thoughts as to how I can find that out?
Pre 1973 flywheel is all aluminum,1974 and newer has a plastic fin mounted to the flywheel,blower housings-pre 1973 is more rounded,with a rivited I.D. tag on motor,1974 I.D. is stamped into the housing on top by head bolts.

some of the newer motors will not take the older aluminum flywheel, the crankshaft is different, but if you have an aluminum flywheel now then you can run the older aluminum flywheel gen set up.. :thumbsup:

Pre 1973 flywheel is all aluminum,1974 and newer has a plastic fin mounted to the flywheel,blower housings-pre 1973 is more rounded,with a rivited I.D. tag on motor,1974 I.D. is stamped into the housing on top by head bolts.

Well the flywheel I have is all aluminum so I assume its a 73, The housing I have is a 74, with the stamped ID on the top.

I did find a starter cup that fits, so now I just need the blower housing. Unless the one I currently have will work.

Well the flywheel I have is all aluminum so I assume its a 73, The housing I have is a 74, with the stamped ID on the top.

I did find a starter cup that fits, so now I just need the blower housing. Unless the one I currently have will work.
That flywheel IS early-pre 73. You WILL need a blower housing off like a old H30 or HS40. A H35 housing won't work-it's like what you already have, nor will a HS50. I hate to keep being the bearer of bad news but you might need to also find the early "C" shaped bracket that mounts to the block to bolt the blower housing to as well, also has the minibike style throttle hook-up on it.:shrug::shrug:

Flywheel and starter cup work great on my engine. The blower housing is just a bit to tall. The recoil is flush with the starter cup and obviously doesnt engage the cup. So Im on the lookout for a new starter housing

I appreciate everyones input on this. I enjoy learning all these differences of these engines.

Weazel, I have a shroud and 'C' bracket for $40 shipped. The shroud is missing the ID tag. I think both came off a H35 if I had to guess. The throttle control is screwed on so it could be removed and replaced with a different one. I received it in a lot, so I don't know the history of them or if the recoil will work properly. I compared it to my 72' Rupp shroud and it is the exact same except how the recoil is held onto the shroud. It has screws that hold it on instead of nuts. PM me if interested.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]