HS50 engines on ebay ?

I got mine yesterday afternoon brand new in the box, but the manifold was broken off! The box was not touched sinced boxed in 84 and there is absolutely no damage to the box. I think the clown that boxed it at Tecumseh broke it puting it in the box and said screw it!

I called them yesterday and they are supposed to ship me a new manifold on Monday.

engine

I got my other 2 yesterday by UPS so far no problems other than you need a 3/4 clutch I got a comet and the exhaust pipe hits the bottom of the seat on the rupp scrambler so I ordered a kit to weld your own pipe from OMW it has a bolt on manifold and several pieces of different length and bend pipe to make your own and of course the throttle linkage kit to hook the cable up to after that its ridin time for the first bike then onto the other scrambler then the enduro I should have enuf left over pieces of pipe to cut n make the other 2 setups

matt2

Can anyone tell me if I got one of these engines would the lighting coil and flywheel from my 1970 fox street scamp Tecumseh 4hp fit it?

Might be an ok deal but $45 shipping is a little steep. Tulsa Engine Warehouse and Small Engine Warehouse charge $8.95 or $15 shipping. $45 makes it less of a deal.
Of course if you go to those websites, you "won't" find a flat head Tecumseh, so shipping costs are a moot point. :laugh: Just those craptastic new fangled OHV deals they slap on Manco yard karts and the like.

Last week, I set out a 6 HP OHH Tecumseh complete and running, in the trash pile. I couldn't give that away. (A construction worker on the house next door finally tossed it in the back of his truck)

Of course if you go to those websites, you "won't" find a flat head Tecumseh, so shipping costs are a moot point. :laugh: Just those craptastic new fangled OHV deals they slap on Manco yard karts and the like.

Last week, I set out a 6 HP OHH Tecumseh complete and running, in the trash pile. I couldn't give that away. (A construction worker on the house next door finally tossed it in the back of his truck)
In your area, I'm pretty sure sitting the yard with a 10 dollar sign on it, SOMEONE will buy it..

Gotta drive 400 miles to buy any motor..

In your area, I'm pretty sure sitting the yard with a 10 dollar sign on it, SOMEONE will buy it..

Gotta drive 400 miles to buy any motor..
LOL, "my area?" There is nothing here mini bike related unless you're into (ahem) the Chinese Junk sold on Craigslist. No kids, no mini bikes unless I drive to California, or to a less extent Las Vegas or Phoenix.

When I said construction worker, I really meant "probable illegal alien."

CarPlayLB

I bought one of the HS50's from the guy...did like Murphy said, called him, seemed legit, bought the motor. It is a perfect, brand new HS50 in the original box, never opened! It had the exhaust wrapped in newspaper from 1978...anyone need a Chrysler Imperial for $1200? JCPenney's was selling shotguns at that time too...Remington 870 for $169..time warp

This was a legit deal and seems like a bargain! Now to get that black thing painted!

I bought one of the HS50's from the guy...did like Murphy said, called him, seemed legit, bought the motor. It is a perfect, brand new HS50 in the original box, never opened! It had the exhaust wrapped in newspaper from 1978...anyone need a Chrysler Imperial for $1200? JCPenney's was selling shotguns at that time too...Remington 870 for $169..time warp

This was a legit deal and seems like a bargain! Now to get that black thing painted!
I bought one to last month. Great motor. Mine was new in the unopened box with newspaper from 1983 wrapped around the muffler!