I feel it was a great CL deal

I have been out of the minibike scene for a while since I traded off my FOX and it seemed all the good minibikes go before I can get to them.
Not having a minibike I drifted away and worked on other things but always kept watch for the right one.

I got lucky and snagged this little chaparral from Motor City Mini's on a deal of the day sale. Thank you motor city mini's
It's a slight bit rough but should be easy to freshen it up.

Here's the picture from the posting as I haven't taken any of it yet.

It's the kind of minibike that says to me...."lets go riding anywhere" and it will be fun up north at our new to us old cabin.

That mini bike is just what I wanted in an old school type bike and should be fun to run around on the few acres we have up north.
We got a place 5 minutes from south branch which happens to be some of our favorite trails to ATV on.

We have to do a little work on it but nothing major as far as we can tell right now, we bought it the Friday after Christmas and haven't been able to do to much with it yet.
Its actually a very nice home that we hope to retire to someday.

thats a house!!! very cool tho...We used to dirt bike Mio mckinley rose city lupton and all over that way. Lupton used to have a sweet dirt drag strip we would go to...lots of fun.

Kalkaska is a bit farther up than where we are, just about anywhere north of Saginaw is good for me though as I am getting old and tired of living down here with so many people.

Yes it is a house and we are looking forward to a summer of work and play there.
I need to get this up there with the snowblower ASAP along with the wood burner so we have some decent heat.

Yeah that was an awesome deal from motor city mini's and I may try to get down there again for the meet, by then I may have a list of things I need/want.
I thought for sure someone else would have grabbed that bike but I guess the lousy weather favored me because roads were terrible Friday and Saturday.(maybe no one else wanted it :shrug: I love it though)

Last edited:
I'm glad to be back in it with a cool old bike to play with I had pretty much given up hope on finding an old minibike like that.

I'm not 100% sure which way I want to go with this bike, on the one hand I love the look of a nicely restored bike but on the other hand I have a few idea's I'd like to see used on this since I will be riding it. Either way I don't foresee any cutting/hacking/welding/grinding on it unless I discover a serious need to to.

I'll sit on it for a while and see what else I can find out about it and how they were supposed to look.

I'm leaning hard towards building the way I want it to be but still be able to unbolt some of the "options" and put it back to stock. Nothing major just a set of colored aluminum handlebars and some different rear shocks is about all.

weren't you building some sort of wacky looking trailer the last time you posted.......?
Possibly I have been through a lot over the last couple years and havnt been doing as much work on projects as I'd like I have a 6 wheeler project that I put on hold as well as about 8 other things.