I guess I must be retarded

1stlegendtx

I got a Bonanza MX 1510 and I want to disassemble the 8 inch Bonanza wheel. The bolts look like they are 7/16 but non of my 7/16 sockets will fit in the hole. I have tried every drive and brand of socket I have and nothing works. What the hell!!! Is there a special Bonanza socket I need or what ? Help.:shrug:

I got a Bonanza MX 1510 and I want to disassemble the 8 inch Bonanza wheel. The bolts look like they are 7/16 but non of my 7/16 sockets will fit in the hole. I have tried every drive and brand of socket I have and nothing works. What the hell!!! Is there a special Bonanza socket I need or what ? Help.:shrug:
1/4 in drive thin wall socket. I have a 7/16ths nut driver that works, it must be pretty thin :shrug:

:laugh: I had the same problem. Finally found one of my thin antique sockets that fit. I thought the same thing as you, that you needed a special tool.

1stlegendtx

Well I got a socket that fit and the first bolt broke off.:doah: I was going to sand blast the wheel and put it on the bike just so I could roll it around. I am getting ready to move so if the bolts are going to break I think I will put it on the way it is and deal with it after I move. Thanks for the help everyone. After I move I can let Ed fix it for me.:rolleyes:

I soaked the wheel bolts in PB blaster for a week before I even attemped to take them apart. 40 years is a long time:laugh: They came apart like butter:thumbsup:

1stlegendtx

Here is how it looks today............
I still have not decided weather or not I am going to fix this bike. I do have a Hodaka ace 90 engine I could put on it. The big problem is the seat and gas tank"s cost so much.:doah: I mean it's not even a Taco.:laugh: