I see what you guys mean by these things being addictive

I wanted a "pit bike" for use at the dragstrip....and then it started...

Grabbed a "homemade" old school walk through with a 3hp B&S engine 2 weeks ago, then a week and a half ago grabbed a mint Motovox MBX11 Platinum for a Predator swap, but am now 2nd guessing myself...

Anyway, today grabbed a "Dirt Bug" DB30 that's in overall nice shape, that I might use for the Predator swap instead.

I'm 54 years old so the wife thinks I am 100% crazy at this loint, lol

Attachments

noseoil

Not crazy, just gathering information prior to deciding what you're going to build. Sounds like a very reasonable approach to me.

Not crazy, just gathering information prior to deciding what you're going to build. Sounds like a very reasonable approach to me.
No. I mean she thinks I have lost my mind for being a older fat dude with 3 newly acquired minibikes in the course of 2 weeks, and a new bigger engine delivered today for one of them, lol

noseoil

I still don't think you're crazy. It had been 50 years since I was on one & I'm enjoying it now (2nd childhood?)....

I still don't think you're crazy. It had been 50 years since I was on one & I'm enjoying it now (2nd childhood?)....
I second that...!!.....:thumbsup:...!

I went from 1973 to 2010 without riding a mini....watched a video about the 2008 Windber mini bike reunion...and it was on...my love rekindled...:laugh:....

A dozen or so mini's later...and here we are.

I'm looking for another one today...:anon.sml:...:laugh:

Welcome to 'the club' rel3rd...!

Last edited:
I'm definitely going to show the wife, the ages you guys posted...

The Baja is way to short, front to back, for me...I was thinking of maybe heating and bending the handlebars forward a bit...

I told her to look at the brightside...
My midlife crisis "hobby" is a lot cheaper than most people's are...lol.
Did she mention the Chevelle? I've got a similar situation going on. I can restore a vintage mini bike for what it costs to even open the hood on my Coronet RT. 58 years young.

Did she mention the Chevelle? I've got a similar situation going on. I can restore a vintage mini bike for what it costs to even open the hood on my Coronet RT. 58 years young.
No, she is not crazy...LOL.
That's been a part of my life longer than she has, so that is what I'd call....an unmentionable. ;)

No, she is not crazy...LOL.
That's been a part of my life longer than she has, so that is what I'd call....an unmentionable. ;)
Mine grew up in a car family... Her twin brother and I were best friends in High School. He was the paint and body guy and I was the drivetrain and suspension guy. We had to pay for interior work.....back in those days. I told her, when I proposed, the cars were here when she came and they would be here when she left. She will confirm that to anyone that asks. I told her that 38 years ago.... She's still here and the cars have multiplied. And now the Mini Bikes have multiplied... And she is as happy as they come. And I cant complain a single word. I have truly been blessed by having her in my life.

Doug

Last edited:
If you're wife's anything like mine . Just threaten to count the shoes in her closet....that will shut her up!

BTW don't feel bad. When the number of bikes in your hoard meet or exceed your age....you got a problem

Hint I was born in 1960 That's how f@#&ed up I am!!!

Daniel Coop

Y'all all got me by a few years, as I'm only 40, but I was worried I was the creepy old dude talking to a bunch of kids online, only to find out I'm actually a young buck on the forum...lol. Growing up, my family was poor and although I always wanted a mini bike, it wasn't until about a year ago, I recalled that childhood memory and decided that it was time to knock that off the bucket list. Started with one, not knowing shit, and I think I have 10 now and am building and selling them and engine work to friends and through word of mouth. I live and breathe this shit every free moment I have. Addictive indeed. We only get one wife, why not a dozen mini bikes? I'll be happy when I have a different one (done) for every day of week.

Same here...always wanted one....never got one.
Weren't rich by any means, so...Couldn't afford it.

I only have 3 so far...A Motovox, a Doodlebug, and a late 60's Rupp Scrambler project.
Will be trying to sell the Rupp, as I don't really have the time or patience to do a restoration.

Hated to do it, but already sold off the old school home made walk through, as it was mint and I didn't want to booger it up, modifying it. A buddy does custom motorcycle builds, and wanted it for the swap meets, so it's at a better home now anyway.

Attachments

Daniel Coop

I think you made the right decision as to which to keep. :thumbsup:The old school "walk-through", (never heard that term) looked more like a scooter and the other 2 just have more possibilities. DB'S and Motovox's are my personal favorites. As the self proclaimed Doodlebug/Motovox King
(lol), please don't hesitate to ask any questions. This forum is a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips, and don't nobody know everything.

Last edited: