i wish the drive would not kill me

catfishman

i was just looking on cl and seen an awesome deal on a rupp in springfield mo, but it is a 4 hour 3.5 to 4 hour drive for me, which would kill my back. boy that would have been a great fathers day give to myself, hope someone on here picks it up.

I go through the same thing all the time. When I see a deal on Craigs List. I have to weigh gas money. And ad it too the price. Then one more aspect. Will the seller be honorable? Will he sell it out from under you? Will he feel that since you drove all that distance. He can up the price?
I found I just weight for a few weeks. So the seller is more commited to selling.
Cheers!
Bullhead

I go through the same thing all the time. When I see a deal on Craigs List. I have to weigh gas money. And ad it too the price. Then one more aspect. Will the seller be honorable? Will he sell it out from under you? Will he feel that since you drove all that distance. He can up the price?
I found I just weight for a few weeks. So the seller is more commited to selling.
Cheers!
Bullhead
Maybe its southern hospitality, but for my Doodlebug and 5hp Briggs the sellers knocked some off the price because they knew I was driving 45+ min. Plus once I got there, both ended up talking to me for at least an Hr+. One even offered me lunch! :biggrin: Maybe I'm just lucky for the people I've dealt with.

maverick1

I have driven from central Fl. to Atlanta twice for bikes. Probably not the most economical decision but it sure made me feel good having the bikes in the back of my truck on the way home.

jrzmac

i was just looking on cl and seen an awesome deal on a rupp in springfield mo, but it is a 4 hour 3.5 to 4 hour drive for me, which would kill my back.
I have the same problems! I had back surgery in 99. Double Laminectomy! on 2 discs. It was good for about 5 years, but it's been all down hill ever since!! If i'm in a car longer than a half hour, I'm done. They tell you to get out of the car and strech. Which I do sometimes!!!!

I live in metro Atlanta and hate to drive anymore + the price of gas, we live between two suburban town so I have a choice at the stop sign - left or right. I think if I so a great deal or it was a savage or some other cool bike I would make the drive but 4 maybe 5 hours would be max one way. :scooter:

I live in metro Atlanta and hate to drive anymore
Ahman, can't go anywhere at speed here from like 7-9am and like 4-6pm. If I know its rush hour, I just find me a waffle house. Not to mention most drivers downtown may as well be suicidal.
Even the suburbs are starting to get bad..... putting in round-a-bouts n crap. Grrr

toomanytoys

My problem is, bike is 300 miles away. No big deal in itself. But my truck, 14 MPH, over 160 dollars in gas, have to stop twice for food, so I'm at 200 bucks to pick up a bike!

Thats why I dont even bother looking past my real driving range although depending on what I want I may drive farther for some stuff.

I have seen free stuff (tractors, trailers) that was fairly close that I havnt wanted to drive to.

i was just looking on cl and seen an awesome deal on a rupp in springfield mo, but it is a 4 hour 3.5 to 4 hour drive for me, which would kill my back. boy that would have been a great fathers day give to myself, hope someone on here picks it up.
I bet you didn't call him. He did a bait and switch. I texted him and he said he put on a 3.5 B&S and now wants $350 for it instead of the $125 with the non-functioning engine as listed. It's still an ok deal but I hate dealing with people like that. You would have been pissed to travel all that way and find out the price had changed. Ivery collectible 1970 Rupp mini cycle 148cc

buckeye

It is the search that kills me. Don't have to worry aboput driving. None around.
I ahte they got rid of statewide craigs and searchtempest. Nothing to amuse me and make me think I might be able to drive.