interesting engine

found this in the barn awile back in an old frame, its a 3.5 briggs aluminum block with a mercury clutch and a bigger bottom feeder carb. and it sais teste rosa on the shroud dont know if its factory or what

Cool, I have one of those engines (mine doesn't say teste rose though). Once running, they are a great engine. Pretty strong for their size.

cool, so these engines wer original with those racing parts?
No racing parts there, just an old embossed shroud on a briggs engine with diaphragm carb that someone used a comet clutch on. Not sure when they went to that style carb but I suspect the two were not originally together. The lettering was done by a previous owner, Testarossa means redhead.

ok so it was just a regular 3.5 with a bigger carb probly for more power, the teste rosa letters feel stamped in the metal and their seams to be multiple coats of different paint, not sure what color to paint it, the orange or silver

ok so it was just a regular 3.5 with a bigger carb probly for more power, the teste rosa letters feel stamped in the metal and their seams to be multiple coats of different paint, not sure what color to paint it, the orange or silver
No bigger carb,just a bigger tank for longer edging time. bone stock flat head.