Introduction..finally decided to join in on the fun

I have been a member of this forum for a couple of years, but this is only my third post. I have been so thoroughly impressed by the knowledge of so many of the OldMiniBikes members that I have just kept my silence and learned a lot! Since the Honda mini bikes are my specialty, I finally felt the need to speak out in order to help a fellow member that had a Honda Mini Trail question.

In any event, this website is on my daily “must read” list and I enjoy this place immensely.

My first ride was a brand new Powerdyne Galaxie 150 that my parents gave to me as a Christmas gift in 1971. I had wanted a bike for several years before that, but once I took ownership of my first bike…it was on ! In the almost 40 years since that Christmas, the only time I have been without a mini bike or motorcycle was during my college years. Once I had finished school, I returned to my passion with a vengeance.

I love all kinds of mini bikes – especially the 60’s and 70’s Briggs or Tecumseh-powered US-made machines. For some reason, the Cat 250X and 300X have always been two of my favorites. Unfortunately, I don’t have either of them in my collection.

I do have a Sensation MB-6A frame (with bent forks) and a really nice Allis-Chalmers. My Allis Chalmers has springs on the front forks, larger, wire-spoke wheels, band brake on rear hub, torque converter and jackshaft, and the gas tank is behind the seat. I sometimes run ads to find bikes…and some guy called me to say that he had an “Allison Chambers” mini bike he would sell me for $30. The Allis Chalmers is painted in a fresh coat of AC Orange and is ready to roll as soon as I have time to refresh and repaint the HS50 that came on it. The only thing missing from this all original bike is the cover for the Torque Converter.

My primary area of interest has always been the small Hondas. I have one of each of the four generations of Z50 (Z50A K2 – hard tail, Z50A K5 – rear shocks with lights, 1986 Z50R and 1996 Z50R). I also have four QA50, one MR50, three CT70, one ATC70, one SL70, one XR80, and a CT90. Most of these are “all there” and are in line to be restored when time and money permit, so they are not much to look at as they sit. My Mexican Yellow hard tail Z50A K2 and my Candy Ruby Red CT70 K0 are almost finished. I just need to find time to put them back together.

I also have an all original 1973 Harley Davidson X90, a 1971 Yamaha Mini Enduro (JT1), plus quite a few vintage full size bikes (1972 Hodaka Wombat, 1974 Husqvarna 400 WR, 1974 Suzuki TS125, Honda Elsinore MT250 K0 from 1974, and a couple of Honda TL125 K2 from 1975).

I look forward to sharing some of my projects with you guys in the future. For the past few years, my shop time has been very limited. My wife and I have a three-year-old son and a five-year-old daughter, so I don’t get too much free time to turn wrenches. Most of my bikes have waited 35 + years for me to restore them…so I guess a few more years won’t make that much difference.

In closing, I would like to say that I am honored to be in a forum with so many “core” supporters of this timeless hobby…….Resto.

Cool :thumbsup:
I just got my first Powerdyne Galaxie last week. Cant wait to get started on it.

I am looking forward to seeing all your bikes. Post some pics when you get a chance:wink: