Is this a Muskin El Gato?

45t

I'm not sure, something doesn't look right about the front end. Elgato has different forks, springs and handlebars.:shrug:

The chrome hoop over the rear fender and the frame match the El Gato. The front end and the exhaust pipe do not. I have not found a picture of a Chaparral that comes close. I purchased a Chaparral gas tank and it does not fit. It's a mystery.

Anyone Know of a Muskin El Gato Guru? I'm trying to sell the bike and would like to confirm that it is a Muskin or a JC Penneys bike.

Looks like an El Gato frame with different forks. There was a survivor El Gato posted not long ago and I looked at the thread just now and I believe it did start out as an El Gato.

Good info in that ebay ad thanks! One more thing that makes this bike hard to id, the jug says 97cc, it's a 100? Any one out there have a good Fuji 80cc or 100cc motor for sale?

Good info in that ebay ad thanks! One more thing that makes this bike hard to id, the jug says 97cc, it's a 100? Any one out there have a good Fuji 80cc or 100cc motor for sale?
The info in that ad is odd. There is no evidence of Pabatco and Muskin building together.

Steens yes. Here's the JC Penny/Steen connection with Muskin. This bike sports an 80cc Fuji.

According to Bob Carlisle, the El Gato was powered by the Hodaka ACE 100 engine. The ACE 100 is 97cc from what I read.

All of the El Gato ads I've seen show it sporting the Trail Tamer front end, not telescopic shocks.

Sorry I couldn't be tell you what you have. The other wild card is that as these bikes were phased in and out, there were several design changes that never made the ads, and ads printed whose bikes never made it to production.