Its Rough but its a Rupp

We, I traded off one of my 3 wheelers, but I got a Rupp in return. She needs a lot of work but I have wanted it for awhile now. Sorry about the crap Pics I was in a hurry.

Well, I think the first thing will to be to fix the handle bars. I was thinking about using the bender, to remake the bars. then I could cut some round stock, and fit inside of the bars and insert them then reweld them. Or my second option is to use my stock handle bars off my 1970 rupp that are in great shape, all I would have to do is drill the holes in the top of the triple trees. It would make them look simular to the 69 front ends.

Also I did notice that this frame has a Srub brake, and I dont think they were stock on this style of Continental?

Fat Boy

Dobber I have a set of forks like that but the legs have been welded ln the bottom , you can have them if you think you can use them to repair your forks . Cut the welds and use the forks or cut and weld the L bars on your fork ??

That sounds like something I could use. Maybe we can get together somewhere to do some trading this summer. I still have that little chopper, and some other stuff. I also need a straight set of forks for one of my 3 wheelers.

jmbmini

Nice 1966 Continental Special! Here is a brochure picture and price new. And you are correct it did not come with a scrub brake but a drum brake new.

Last edited:
Nice 1966 Continental Special! Here is a brochure picture and price new. And you are correct it did not come with a scrub brake but a drum brake new.
That is good too know the exact model, I am going to try to meet up with Fat Boy, and get the set of forks from him to make them correct. I know one of the hard parts to get will be the correct back wheel. I am not sure what the one that is on there is off of, so I will post Pics of it later to see if it can be Identified. Do you know if the kickstand is factory or not?