just finished my old 49 Farmall M

Last year my dad give me an old farmall m he had got to mow with. he ended up not useing it so it was just sitting rusting away. The engine was shot tires were flat and squrriels had made nests in the radiator grill. Dad said if I wanted to drag it home I could have it. Aftera few hours of tinkering I got it running well enough to load it on a trailer and brought it home. I did a little research got a service manuel and went to work. anyway here she is.

View attachment 27797

View attachment 27798

View attachment 27799

View attachment 27800

View attachment 27801

That is very nice Farmall, I have a 50' Harry Ferguson that runs great for it's age. Never been restored but well maintained and I love it. Nice work!:thumbsup:

Nice job on the M. I mowed lots of hay as a youngster with an H International then stacked it with an M with a hay buck, also mowed with a B John Deer but the International was a lot nicer to work with with the foot clutch and was smoother, the B had a hand clutch. Can't wait till next month for the antique tractor show in Tulare Ca. at the International Agriculture Center.

Thats a nice one.. :thumbsup:

Heres the Massey Harris Wallis my grandpa redid decades ago that I inherited.. It's pretty sweet.. It's got a hand clutch too but it's like a 29 so :doah: Hand crank and all boys.. Better retard the spark.. :wink:

My grandpa did a shit load of em.. Hell he built a railroad around the place.. :laugh:

Thats a nice one.. :thumbsup:

Heres the Massey Harris Wallis my grandpa redid decades ago that I inherited.. It's pretty sweet.. It's got a hand clutch too but it's like a 29 so :doah: Hand crank and all boys.. Better retard the spark.. :wink:

My grandpa did a shit load of em.. Hell he built a railroad around the place.. :laugh:

thats cool, I just love the old stuff. I've never seen a steel wheel with rubber tread around it.

Last year my dad give me an old farmall m he had got to mow with. he ended up not useing it so it was just sitting rusting away. The engine was shot tires were flat and squrriels had made nests in the radiator grill. Dad said if I wanted to drag it home I could have it. Aftera few hours of tinkering I got it running well enough to load it on a trailer and brought it home. I did a little research got a service manuel and went to work. anyway here she is.

View attachment 27797

View attachment 27798

View attachment 27799

View attachment 27800

View attachment 27801
Thank you for posting this and espcialy taking the time to preserve this tractor.
Not enough are saved from the scrap....

thats cool, I just love the old stuff. I've never seen a steel wheel with rubber tread around it.
I honestly believe he was the one that started that trend.. :laugh: He did it because he didn't want the steel lugs ripping up the yard and driveway... after everyone saw it at the tractor shows, they all started doing it too.. :lol:

you sure have my respect! did it require alought of parts and money? or mostly time and busted knuckles?
it was fairly inexpensive. the tractor was actually in pretty good shape. it needed a new head, pistons and sleeves but the parts don't cost all that much. but it did take a bunch of time and more busted knuckles than I can count..