Just for Fun OND Lil Indian 6000

Your moving right along Eric. Beautiful work as always.
Thanks Pat ....and still a long way to go .

Seriously good work, that is a stylie exhuast!
Thanks Sark.....

I see you are keeping her warm , lol !!
lol ...Yea Ang , I hate cold steel ...:laugh:

The way those wheels shine, you put six long hours into them...look great!
Thank ya Sir....and I'm just glad that the wheels were in pretty good shape to begin with....or I might still be working on them today...:laugh:
Cool stuff..Must be for baking parts..:laugh: make me some cookies!!
Lol ...poppa wheelie ! I tried powder coating some cookies the other day....looked great but tasted like crap !!! :laugh:

Last edited:

delray

looking good OND,did you doing anything to bump the timing up. thats where your really going to take advantage of the cam...:thumbsup:

Covers look great, Eric. Need to watch this engine build closely as I have the same engine sitting and waiting (though I switched to a bearing crank/side cover). How are you addressing the recoil? Disassemble, powder and reassemble?

Hey Pete , here's the pull rope assembly for the engine I have . I had another blower housing left off of another engine....so that's the one that I powder coated , I myself like the old style covers and pull rope housings. Maybe we can figure out how to put the newer style pull starter in to a old model housing . Any thoughts ?

Hey Pete , here's the pull rope assembly for the engine I have . I had another blower housing left off of another engine....so that's the one that I powder coated , I myself like the old style covers and pull rope housings. Maybe we can figure out how to put the newer style pull starter in to a old model housing . Any thoughts ?
I think the spool assembly is riveted together. If you can measure the depth of the recoil spool/spring, and if it'll fit into the old style "case," that's part one. Should be able to fold the tabs back down. To replace the center rivet, a two piece furniture screw should do the trick. Then it's a matter of making sure the cup clears the spool inside the "old case." Make sense???

In the alternative, maybe a Tecumseh recoil and a cup will work just as well (and way less work!).

red baron

Wow, your really cruising right along and It looks amazing! It took me 3 weeks just to decide to do the build off, Jeez I really have to step it up,

I think the spool assembly is riveted together. If you can measure the depth of the recoil spool/spring, and if it'll fit into the old style "case," that's part one. Should be able to fold the tabs back down. To replace the center rivet, a two piece furniture screw should do the trick. Then it's a matter of making sure the cup clears the spool inside the "old case." Make sense???

In the alternative, maybe a Tecumseh recoil and a cup will work just as well (and way less work!).
Thanks Pete....and that gives me some more ideas.:thumbsup:

Wow, your really cruising right along and It looks amazing! It took me 3 weeks just to decide to do the build off, Jeez I really have to step it up,
Thanks Brian , and yea you got two to build ! :wink:

Lil Indian clutch cover (re-popped) needs sanded , primed and painted.

Original brake caliper , needs cleaned polished and new pads . I'll get new pads from Allied Leisure when I order the clutch cover decal.

Last edited:
Looking good and your progress was much better than mine...The pucks, btw, are going to need to be cut down to fit. I used a hacksaw on mine last year--you can almost get two sets from one, but only almost.:laugh:

Lil Indian clutch cover (re-popped) needs sanded , primed and painted.

Original brake caliper , needs cleaned polished and new pads . I'll get new pads from Allied Leisure when I order the clutch cover decal.

Where did you find a clutch cover?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very nice Eric. I do believe I have that exact Briggs engine, same muffler and all. lol The engine was on something I bought.:thumbsup: The shop oven is great.:laugh:

Thanks Guys ! First set back happened today.. when I got the frame back from the PC guy. It looks ok I guess but doesn't have the high gloss shine I thought it should have. I'm going with it because I don't have a big enough oven to do it myself and really would hate to have to take the time to strip the frame back down anyway.
I won't be posting any pics of the frame !

On a good note the powder for the engine will be here tomorrow and I can get my mind off this frame .