Just got this email from Minibike Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to MY drawing I did for him for his Sunday Funday t-shirts. A little background for all of you. I was contacted by Paul because he liked the artwork I did.(I made a couple of minibike drawings with creatures riding them)
He asked if I could make one for him to use on the t-shirts for his show. I said sure. Around 8 hours of my time and I made this drawing.

When it came time to pay for my time Paul was in shock when I gave him a price (way discounted I might add) He told me that since he sells them at cost he doesn't make any profit. So, being a nice guy and supporting the minibike craze I told him $50 plus a T-shirt and a set of his decals.

So, Now he advertises the show and t-shirt and doesn't even give me any credit in his posts about the shirt. I had to mention it myself. I spoke with a couple members (to remain nameless) on here about it and they informed me to watch my back with Paul. I just blew it off and went along my way.

see this link:
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/mini-bike-events/64369-funday-3-sept-16th.html

Paul had his t-shirt design, I received payment $50 right away, then the decals later, then I received the t-shirt just before his show. Everybody's happy.

or so I thought......

Everyone knows about the drama here between Minibikepaul and Bayareaburrito. I stayed out of it.

Tonight I received my own drama in this email from Paul.

---------- Original Message ----------
To: lzplin@aol.com
Date: October 8, 2012 at 8:13 AM
Subject: Re: Sunday Funday artwork

Tom;

The drawing below is the one i paid you for; is it ok for you to use it on OldMiniBikes as your avatar?

I do own it! Paul

So, this is my reply to his email.

Paul,

You did not purchase the rights to the drawing.You paid me to make a drawing for you to use on your t-shirts. Remember, you did not want to pay alot because you didn't make a profit on the t-shirts. If you wanted the rights to the drawing it would have been about $800 and not $50 plus a t-shirt and one set of decals.

Tom

TomH

I hope those stick figures in the back don't come forward and want a royalty.:laugh:
I didn't realize until just now that you drew that, good job Tom:thumbsup:

Tom , the drawing is awsome. It's a little fink-ish. A line of shirts would be awsome. Different bikes with different monsters like Roth did.
I wouldn't worry about the situation. Your in the right. I'm glad you posted this.

So, this is my reply to his email.

Paul,

You did not purchase the rights to the drawing.You paid me to make a drawing for you to use on your t-shirts. Remember, you did not want to pay alot because you didn't make a profit on the t-shirts. If you wanted the rights to the drawing it would have been about $800 and not $50 plus a t-shirt and one set of decals.

Tom
This should be on a OBM shirt it's awesome Tom! Sorry you did not get credit that you deserved.

This type of stupid bullshit is half the reason I don't like this board anymore.

I'm almost ashamed to even wear my shirts for here anymore. The site should be changed to oldwhineybitches.com. You're hahahahaing adults getting butthurt over stupid shit. I browse here maybe a couple times a week and there's always some new thread about someone getting sand in their vagina or petty things.

Posting PM's on the board for something like this is not cool either.

Last edited:
The site should be changed to oldwhineybitches.com. You're hahahahaing adults getting butthurt over stupid shit. I browse here maybe a couple times a week and there's always some new thread about someone getting sand in their vagina or petty things.
Not hurt at all. Just posting this to show how Paul believes he owns my art work and how he doesn't feel I should be able to use it.

Funny how when I first started using it for my avatar when he was advertising about his show he didn't complain. Only after his incident with Bayareaburrito did this come about.

This was not a PM (Private Message) It was a direct email to me. Nothing private about it if I don't want it to be.

This type of stupid bullshit is half the reason I don't like this board anymore.

I'm almost ashamed to even wear my shirts for here anymore. The site should be changed to oldwhineybitches.com. You're hahahahaing adults getting butthurt over stupid shit. I browse here maybe a couple times a week and there's always some new thread about someone getting sand in their vagina or petty things.

So preventing someone else from being hurt business wise isn't cool? Seems like you've got the sand. Agreed the drama is way too high lately, the O.P. is the most drama free member I can think of.
Nice work Tom. You handled the situation well.

Well said Chad! I have found that talking about Paul is like talking about Religion or Politics, we all have a opinion none of us agree on and usually will end up in a argument...

Nice work ST on the drawing and I might add you have been great on this site. Your ability to identify bikes is uncanny and the deal you gave me on the Mac 10 was great. Don't let the negative crap get you down. As far as Strigoli's comments, he's been an A-hole ever since I've been on this site and it appears he still is. If he despises it so much he ought to get lost.
Keep the faith, Brother
Fred

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
strig calls em like he see's em
pm does stand for PRIVATE MESSAGE:shrug:
keep them to yourselves or call oprah she likes the drama:laugh::laugh:

strig calls em like he see's em
pm does stand for PRIVATE MESSAGE:shrug:
keep them to yourselves or call oprah she likes the drama:laugh::laugh:
Yes, PM does stand for private message. Funny thing is email doesn't have the word private or message in it at all.:shrug:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

buckeye

I modeled for it. Kinda looks like me riding my stuff. Or how I picture what I look like.
That really is cool artwork. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.