K&S Hornet

My latest score , picked her up on Wednesday . I've collected , built , restored a few minis in the last 3 years , sold a couple but kept most as I love all of them . Vintage bikes are scarce in the south , well this is my first complete Survivor and I will be keeping it !
I'm assuming it's a 1970 ?

Wow, that is one clean find. Why can't I find those? Everything I come across is like most of the others here, been road hard and put away wet!!!

Keep up the good work.

markus

DAAAMMMM! Lucky dog, I'm gonna need to get a Tetnaus shot and 100 bucks in cleaners and steel wools before I can even begin on the one I got today :laugh: Is it running and riding? Its real clean, just looking over this road runner they used some paper thin paint and chrome, yours held up really well :thumbsup:

Thanks guys I'm pretty stoked , Markus it does not run , great compression , no spark , the carb needs work too , I'll have to tinker with it a bit , all controls , cables , brake are perfect !

markus

Thanks guys I'm pretty stoked , Markus it does not run , great compression , no spark , the carb needs work too , I'll have to tinker with it a bit , all controls , cables , brake are perfect !
Cool, Looks like someone had their dirty mits under the shroud already, the plug wire will either get melted on the header or sliced by the flywheel where its at so check that the wire is good and getting grounded when you move it to correct location and maybe verify the timing is set correct as well. If that wire is moved there's a good chance they removed the ignition assy to do it :doah: If you see a TC belt number or anything like that let me know, The belt on mine looks pretty worn.

Cool, Looks like someone had their dirty mits under the shroud already, the plug wire will either get melted on the header or sliced by the flywheel where its at so check that the wire is good and getting grounded when you move it to correct location and maybe verify the timing is set correct as well. If that wire is moved there's a good chance they removed the ignition assy to do it :doah: If you see a TC belt number or anything like that let me know, The belt on mine looks pretty worn.
Will do and you are correct , it was taken apart lol , its all there however , I removed the shroud last night and they had pulled the flywheel obviously to look at it and decided against fooling with it !