Kenda Road Go Tires

I looked em up. They certainly look like they would last a long time. Seems like a dual purpose type tread. Might be good for low hp applications where you don't have the power to spin out anyway.
Oz

I believe it was [MENTION=50915]2SlickNick[/MENTION] that posted these tires originally. He is running them on his Warrior if I am not mistaken. He should chime in and comment on them.

Doug

noseoil

I run them on my Baja MB165 (warrior type frame etc). They do well on the street & are fine riding in the dirt. Not the best on a slick surface (mud or wet grass) but we don't get a lot of rain here, so no big deal. Dennis Kirk had the best deal with shipping when I got them earlier this year. I like them a lot & aside from one large cactus thorn, they run well.

Y5r-s.jpg

I appreciate the input. I was also thinking about the Kenda k546 speed racer(and now the sunf). Like some of you, some on - road use. Do you guys think a 20x7-8 tire would fit w/o interference on the warrior 200?

Seen them on pics ..if you're running a tc or clutch I'd say you will make it bog because of higher ratio of bigger tire unless you lower gearing somehow..w sprockets..imo..anyone input?

Last edited:
I appreciate the input. I was also thinking about the Kenda k546 speed racer(and now the sunf). Like some of you, some on - road use. Do you guys think a 20x7-8 tire would fit w/o interference on the warrior 200?
All your doing is increasing height. As long as you don't increase section width you wont have a problem.

I have Kenda K547 19 X 8 x 8's on the rear of my Warrior and the chain will not clear without a 3/8th's spacer. You will have to move the engine a like amount...

Doug

I run them on my Baja MB165 (warrior type frame etc). They do well on the street & are fine riding in the dirt. Not the best on a slick surface (mud or wet grass) but we don't get a lot of rain here, so no big deal. Dennis Kirk had the best deal with shipping when I got them earlier this year. I like them a lot & aside from one large cactus thorn, they run well.

View attachment 98663
Is that how they look when inflated to 5 psi? (Kenda's specified inflation, per Kenda website)

Kenda Tires | Powersports | Road Go

The rounded profile should perform better than a squared profile tire on a minibike. That's a fairly aggressive tread; despite the "Road Go" name, I would think it would perform well off-road, especially at such low pressure (5 psi).

noseoil

Yes, that's how they look at normal inflation pressure. I liked them because they are made to roll & corner well. The tread pattern works well on different surfaces & seems to be a good compound in general, not too soft or hard. I wouldn't want a "square" tire for cornering. Straight line stuff would be fine with a square tire (drag racing) but not for leaning into a turn or flat track racing.

2SlickNick

I linked a YouTube video up ^ so you can see the tires inflated.

For some reason you have to use the right mouse button, click the web address and his load unsafe Scripts.
for some reason my links are not working LOL

Harquebus

I can't access your video link. Seems to be extremely discombobulated. :shrug:

I too must see inflated, in-use pics of these SunF tires because for all intents and purposes, they appear to be square shouldered, flat topped tires.

I think this is the video [MENTION=50915]2SlickNick[/MENTION] is referring to:

[video=youtube;cSJOSkPs0ek]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSJOSkPs0ek[/video]

A good shot of the tire at 0:52. Looks like a really good street option.

Last edited: