Kidney Bean From Hell

I needed to refinish my wheels on the Taco 44 project so I decided on Ball Burnishing. The refinishers have a minimum charge so I figured I'll bring a few to get done. The old Taco wheels came off the tires like lifting a bun off a hamburger. TRI Stars, no problem, Go Powers minimal effort. Now the Kidney Bean on that fat 6" Tire was a struggle! I used a vise, Tire removing tools, windex dish soap, stomped on it. I was ready to toss them into the San Francisco Bay. Popped open a Cold One and read a few old threads on the subject. The easiest way..... Just cut the freakin tire off.

6doggie3

I needed to refinish my wheels on the Taco 44 project so I decided on Ball Burnishing. The refinishers have a minimum charge so I figured I'll bring a few to get done. The old Taco wheels came off the tires like lifting a bun off a hamburger. TRI Stars, no problem, Go Powers minimal effort. Now the Kidney Bean on that fat 6" Tire was a struggle! I used a vise, Tire removing tools, windex dish soap, stomped on it. I was ready to toss them into the San Francisco Bay. Popped open a Cold One and read a few old threads on the subject. The easiest way..... Just cut the freakin tire off.
PB blaster works on rusted rims! I only see 3 go power halves?
What's the cost to have them done and can they do them all at one time?

The Micro Cycle Has a drum brake with its own wheel half . Price depends on condition of the wheels. If they need to be blasted first. They are seeing a resurgence of mini bike and vintage go cart collectors wanting work done.