Kikker questions

Le Plat

Iv been thinking about getting a kikker. i luv them, luv the suicide shift, luv the price(well kinda) but hate the lack of power. Any performance parts out there for these?? I dunno, 3k for a bike that cant get highway speeds just drives me away from them.

zeeman

When I had the fever for one, I was planning to put the Lifan V twin engine in it.??? Have you checked that out?

Le Plat

Nope.

I did just find the 250cc vtwin and priced that. for what i want it would cost me 3k base plus 300 bucks or so. Not too bad.

specs from the twin

250cc 5-speed V-twin Engine Foot Clutch with Suicide Shifter
Fat Style 16 inch front and rear tires
New Front end with Conventional Forks
Forks setup to except front fender
New frame 4 inches longer
New seat pan with more kick up in back
Fold-up foot pegs
Type 4 Stroke Twin cylinders, V-Twin, four stroke, air-cooled
Displacement (c.c.) 249cc 250cc Class
Bore x Stroke (mm) 49.0 x 66.0
Max HP 18 HP @ 8,000 rpm
Max Torque 13 ftlbs @ 6,000 rpm
Compression 10.0:1
Ignition system: CDI (Capacitive Discharge Ignition)
Idle 1,300 rpm
Carburetor DBS26
Starter Electric
Clutch Manual Wet Multiple Plate
Transmission Left foot gear-change, five-gear constant meshing
Lubrication Pressure splash inner-outer scavenger rotor
Voltage 12 Volt
Length 20.25"
Width 14.25"

the price for the twin though is off setting. big time. make the twin for the price of the 200cc or at least knock 500 bucks off the price tag and ill have one in my garage tomorrow.

Last edited:
LePlat, how much do you weigh?
I had the 110cc model and the cool factor is up there, but it was a slug. However, I've never tried out the 200 model. One thing for sure, anywhere you park the thing, you'll have a person or two or three stop you and want to know what the hell it is, where the hell you got it and will you sell it?

Le Plat

im 5' 8" 190. no im not fat :)

they dont make the 110cc anymore from my understanding. the 250cc twin makes an impressive 18hp and the one company that makes them sells a 28 tooth rear for it. i dont think it would be a slug but thats why im wondering if anyone makes performance parts for them.

the 200cc has a top speed of 75mph with the 32tooth rear. the 250cc should be higher, esp with the 28 rear and the fact that the 250s come with a larger rear tire

Last edited:
As light as those bikes are, I wouldn't want to do much "highway" riding. I would love to have one to buzz around town on. I'm weird, but I wanted the 110cc. I checked about getting one without the engine so I could install a 110cc. I can't afford to mess with it right now so I put it on the back burner. If I ever get one, I'll probably go with the 200cc. I'm 6'3" and 235#, so it probably wouldn't break any speed records with me on it. That's OK, I'm old and don't need to go fast anyway. Right now, that money for me would be better spent on a donor bike for my Harley project. With gas prices going the way they are, we are all going to need street legal bikes to ride. Tim.

Oldsalt

The 200cc Kikker in the pic was assembled in my hobby shop by a friend. I have been on rides with him and can say that it will run along with my 500cc Royal Enfield. Never been on a freeway with ether machine but I got to say that it is fast enough to run on roads that have a 60 MPH limit.

gbones

i miss that speaker. i first had 2 12" pioneer IMPP's, those suckers were loud. but i gotta say the 15" was over kill for my s10 xcab pick up, put 1 of those bass test cd's in:eek:ut:

I know they'll run fast enough to get you a speeding ticket. At 200 to 250 pounds empty weight, I don't want to get one out on the highways and let a semi blow by me. I've ridden street legal motorcycles from 70cc to 1340cc. All sizes will go fast enough to suit me, I'm just particular about where I ride the smaller ones :smile:. Tim.