kill switch

weve

Iam having trouble getting a kill switch to work on a 3.5 hp Tecumseh I hooked a new kill switch to an insulator block on the motor where a wire is attached coming from the fly wheel area. When I push the switch the motor keeps running. I ran a jumper wire from this same block and touched to the engine block while it was running and it stopped right away. Does this mean the kill switch is faulty? I mounted the switch on the handle bars and cleaned the area where it ataches to bare metal any ideas ?

Ohhhh it's possible.. It could just be no ground from the steering neck in through the handle bars to the motor parts....

Ya know what I mean? I'd try the button right on the motor the same way you tested the kill wire itself...

If the button isn't working.. grab the button in your fingers, push it down, then spin it in a million circles, and some times the corrosion will grind off from the two contact parts..

weve

I checked the kill switch like you said and it works I have just painted the frame and front forks I tried to tighten the fork bolt a little more and work the forks back and forth to try and create a ground this way I was able to get the switch to work a couple of times but not always If the bike is ridden more is this something that will improve the more it is rode?

Thats the problem... It can't ground through paint.. just scrape clean a small spot under the button where it will be hidden to the eye and ya should be good..

Run two wires. One from the coil, and one grounded to the block.

And don't try to use the kill switch in the rain. You've been warned....