kinda common?

are they worth anything? i know im asking stupid questions but i want to know are they worth somthing i want to collect all the cat models but if there worth squat then im gonna say f*ck it and not

oldsledz

That is a hard question to answer....... they have some value but if you decide to sell them at some point you are not going to get rich.

I would say they are about average or a little above as far as value goes.

The fact that a Mini Bike is rare dose not mean it has a lot of value, Bonanza, Ruttman and Lil Indian are some of the most common minis but are also some of the most sought after.

the cat bike i was looking at today looks JUST like jmbmini's it is yellow with the fenders etc. my question is what is the diffrence from the cat jmbmini has in his pics to just say a cat 300x? or 250x were they diffrent mfc.? and what is HPE/muskin? i think that is what the one i might be getting is whats the diffrence from just a regular ol cat mini bike?

oldsledz

thats a good point would it be worth it to restore and collect these?
They like almost all Mini bikes are only worth restoring and collecting if you want them.

If you want to make money get a job at McDonalds you will make a lot more money there than you will restoring minis.

The Cat mini bikes had lots of different models. I say if you already HAVE 3 or 4 and WANT to collect them then collect the bitches. Some of them ARE pretty valuable. A Slingshot chopper or Muskin or something brings a decent price. They are mediocre ones. Not super rare or super desired BUT they are nice little bikes, 40 years old, and a name brand American company. Some of them had a little chrome penut tank with a Cat sticker on it with a black panther and the bigger spoked wheels and I say if you want one of each, if you ended up with one each of every Cat they ever made and nice ones, you'd be talking thousands of dollars. $200 - $800 each ads up pretty damn fast when theres 35 different models. Yeah Cats are cool.. collect the hell out of them.. OH... and yeah there is the frames like yours, some had suspension front and springy seat, some were none, some were disk brakes, some were scrub..... Then there is the HPE Muskin type frame that has the tilty motor and jackshaft and big wheels.... And Cool Ass little chrome tank...

HAHA!!! I'm not even close to sure about 35 models. :doah: Just throwing a wild guess best estimate ya know? There were quite a few different models and years and options though. There are more than oldminikes has pictures of, that's foe damn show... :wink: You should be busy a while. Sounds like a great project for ya. Keep your girlfriend out of your hair. :wink: Tell her shut up and get back to grindin on that wheel beeoch. :tongue:

Oldsalt

They like almost all Mini bikes are only worth restoring and collecting if you want them.

If you want to make money get a job at McDonalds you will make a lot more money there than you will restoring minis.
You got it right. This is a hobby. IMO all brands of vintage minibikes will become collectable, and sell at elevated prices, sooner or later. I remember when we would turn a cherry 40 Ford sedan on its side and cut out the engine. Then we would put the engine in a rusty, battered 40 coupe. Coupes were cool. We were just as sure that sedans would never be worth anything as some are about certain brands of old minibikes.

Bottom line: Buy any vintage old school mini you can afford. It won't be that long before you are patting yourself on the back.

richs

just collect what you like when your collecting your doing it for self satisfaction you cant loose on cats there inexspensive but there still a good investment

Cat has some nice bikes, I like the look of the Eliminator and Dominator.
There has been a lot of them showing up in the last year, I got 3 Cats in the last year 2 Eliminators and a Endura 10 inch wheel one.
But it seems like when your looking for a particular bike or model they never show up when you want them! Then after you get one, 10 more appear out of now where for a better price than you got your first one for.