Leaking around gas cap

TomH

I would start by replacing the gasket in the cap. If the tank is filled too full, gas will leak out of the vent hole in the cap new gasket or not

buckeye

Is there a cork thingy magigger in it? If so replace that thingy. How's that for technical terms.
Kinda like when a patient has a knee issue, I tell them your knee is jacked up. You should see their eyes.

TomH

some of em are rubber doo dads. BTW got a tooth pulled today. Dentist jacked it out of there..crack, pop, all gone..we talked brushogging, goatheads and staph infections.

I just bought a package of five new chrome caps on Ebay cheap and the two I used fixed the issue for me and have spares. Caps are cheap and one can be had at Home depot or other home and garden stores or your local mower shop with no shipping or waiting. Good luck!:thumbsup:

I just bought a package of five new chrome caps on Ebay cheap and the two I used fixed the issue for me and have spares. Caps are cheap and one can be had at Home depot or other home and garden stores or your local mower shop with no shipping or waiting. Good luck!:thumbsup:
Thanks I guess I might order a set of 5 like you did. I could use the spares anyways