Let me know what you guys think.. New style db30 project

Hey guys im new to the site here.. but i just bought my db at sears( im an employee) and first thing im doin is a makeover on a new db.. i havent seen any on hre or anywhere yet so i may be the first..Idk tho..just want your huys opinions its just in the mock up satge now. The bars are off an old murry(i think) bicycle and i use 1/8th" stainless plates to relocate the seat... if it passes on here im welding the bars in place maybe a little more forward so the steering axle?? idk if thats the term is a little more accessible.

Thanks again guys,

Fax

I do realize this is a question not meant for the thread but i want my ideas out there in the project thread..
sorry if i offend anyone

I like the new doodlbug style.

The bars do not match the foot pegs for a drag set up. Can I ask how much you paid for the bike as an employee?

Put it back to stock and enjoy it!!!

TT out~
818-521-2109 if you don't want to post price....??? :laugh:

Thanks haha, well i was actually thinkin of makin it a strickly on road bike... but maybe not a drag bike i just lik the style of the lower streched look and it fits a full size rider better, but i ended up gettin the bike for just under $215 on a sale a few days ago. Hoestly what ive been thinkin of is divin deep and buyin a lifan 110cc 4speed semi auto engine for it and making that work, i already have the sprocket apadpter and sprockets on the way, new tires are next ithink

I dig it. Maybe add some risers for the handlebars....maybe 2" or so? Put some foot pegs toward the back for when you wanna lay down and haul the mail. I really like the idea of the Lifan semi-auto. Do that! Looking good so far.

What are your plans (outcome) for this mini? I think it would be very uncomfortable to be riding it around like that unless you are going to use it strictly as a drag bike, not meant for more than 2 minutes then getting off it until the next race, that type of thing. It might not be so awkward if the frame was stretched out so you could stretch your body out as well when in "position". Any bike with the bars lower than the seat is definitely not going to be your favorite cruiser. I have a Murray Track 2 that is very weird feeling when I sit on it because the handlebars are so low. I plan on raising them up somehow to make it more of a natural feel. JMTC.

And as TT said, if you plan on dragging it, you will need to relocate your footpegs way back on the frame to get your body physically in the correct position for drag racing.

Yea i mean sittin on it its not the most natural feelin thing i will admit.. the thought on the risers sound like a plan, 2" risers would be perfect but im short on ideas on how to mak them... or idk where to find somehing to fab to fit, i had been considering relocating the pegs to near the rear fender bar... but i also think thats out o my talent.. but who knows i might just give it a try :) And those lifans are expensive but if i want her bad enough ill get her...;) well eventually lol

some thing else you can do for handle bar risers is look at yahama or honda hell any import motorcycle some of them have bolt on handle bar clamps . all you have to do is drill a hole and bolt the clamp on and you can put any 7/8 inch bar you want on there . check junk yards or motorcycle repair shops they may have some too

The bars with the risers attached could be a possibilty! and ill be checkin junkyard near by to see what they have.. maybe mething like this...
Aluminum Handle Bar Clamps
Itd be a simple install and would raise the bars a little more...i ordered a spare set of the old style db bars just for backup haha those will be a little more streched out.. but the backorderd :/
idk yet ima keep lookin,
Thanks so far for everything guys!
Oh yea and i found some foot pegs that are clamp ons... not bad and i can tack those in place once m buddies back in town

http://www.jcwhitney.com/fold-up-round-o-ring-foot-pegs/p2002578.jcwx?filterid=c14701o40j1

Last edited:
Ok so i actually took the seat aprt and reapolstered it... and got the bars welded just because its cheaper :p lol i also dropped the rear fendr and inch and put it all together for another moc-up..
and i am goin to relocate the foot pegs there goin to be here thursday :)

Ok so i actually took the seat aprt and reapolstered it... and got the bars welded just because its cheaper :p lol i also dropped the rear fendr and inch and put it all together for another moc-up..
and i am goin to relocate the foot pegs there goin to be here thursday :)
I hope you have plenty of aspirin because your back is going to F#cking kill after a few rides on that thing:laugh:

Yea haha its really not as bad as it looks im 5'7" 160# and i actually fit on it pretty well lol the foot pegs will help a little more with leg position but even know its tolerable i dont really intend on ridin this thing for any amount of distance its just a fun project