Lifan with jackshaft speed issue

DORM

Anyone out there have Lifan 4hp 160-F Engine, with a ProMod jackshaft 17/13tooth ,12t clutch ,70t rear sprkt. Everythings new,bike only dose 20mph.Is this normal? Some feed back would be highly appreciated.

Yes that sounds about right. I have the same set up with a lower ratio because I wanted to be able to climb some hills. I can only go about 10-12 mph but that is ok for me. If you want to go faster change ratios. You can order many combinations of gears from ProMod.

Yes I think that is just about right. I figure you get at 3600 engine rpm with your 6.79 ratio and 14" high tires, 22.09 MPH.
If you can switch sprockets on the jackshaft so the clutch connects to the 13T instead of the 17T sprocket you would have a ratio of 5.19 which will give you 28.90 MPH at 3600 engine rpm.
It will make the bike slower on take off and will be much harder on the clutch because of more clutch slippage taking off, you would have to watch that, especially on any hills.
I believe my figures are correct but I am not going to bet the farm on them.:smile:

DORM

sounding better

both of you guys are comming up with some good stuff. What would happen if I went with a 15t for both J/S sorockets instead of switching the 17/13 to oposite possitions, kind of like only making a two tooth change on each sprk. instead of a four tooth change... this is getting goood!