Lil gem I found

I know for a while I have been stingy and not posted any of my finds...but I figured this one was a lil special. I have wanted one of these for many years. I went out this morning and picked it up for a sweet price. It is a pretty complete roller. Bad part..it has a lot of holes drilled in it and the pegs were really cobbled with extensions. The forks seem to be compressed too far and the fork bottoms are stuck. Anyways..here it is..my new to me Rupp Dart Cycle.

Hounddog

Great score! These are few and far between. Does yours still have the original serial number sticker on top? If so what is your code...it tells what size motor was original on the bike. Nice bike for sure!:thumbsup:

Thanks guys:thumbsup:
Great score! These are few and far between. Does yours still have the original serial number sticker on top? If so what is your code...it tells what size motor was original on the bike. Nice bike for sure!:thumbsup:
And it has been repainted a few times...sadly no sticker or numbers.:crying:

Nice Score! I believe most of the tall handle bar and six inch front wheeled Dart Cycles were the last year built bikes. Plus it seems they are all red in color also. But nice find and welcome to the Dart Cycle Club. Look very closely at the plate the decal was on because they stamped the numbers on the decal after it was mounted to the early bikes. The guy must of used a 3 pound mini sledge with the stamps because you can read some of the number on the plate where it stamped thru the decal.

Last edited:
Nice Score! I believe most of the tall handle bar and six inch front wheeled Dart Cycles were the last year built bikes. Plus it seems they are all red in color also. But nice find and welcome to the Dart Cycle Club. Look very closely at the plate the decal was on because they stamped the numbers on the decal after it was mounted to the early bikes. The guy must of used a 3 pound mini sledge with the stamps because you can read some of the number on the plate where it stamped thru the decal.
DAMN!! :detective: