Looking for harley type trans, belt setup

MB165

Anyone know if a small belt drive, rear mounted, hand clutched transmission (like on a harley) is available for miinibikes?
Pete

Neck

Growing up is optional
Nothing you can buy will be a direct fit, you will need to do some engineering. But what the heck, go for it!

MB165

Not too much left to do on the minibaja, and I just cant help myself, The wheels of my next project are starting to turn:grind:. That would be pretty cool kick starting a HM100

Neck

Growing up is optional
You might be able to find a Pre Unit Triumph transmission on the Bay, I believe those were single chain driven transmissions. They will be right hand shift though.

How about the Rokon Trail breaker. It is belt driven input and chain drive output is a three speed and kick start. I think it requires a one way rotation drive clutch to be able to kick start the engine. Not 100% sure about that part. The Abilon transmission in the pre 1973 Trail breaker is the one I had in my Mach III
Listed in the parts section of the Tule Trooper they show 3 transmissions that have multi disc clutches not that I have ever seen any.
I think that the Mustang scooters used a Abilon or Burman transmissions.
Takes a lot of looking around and some heavy duty cash reserves to buy some of these hard to find gearboxes.
Steve :scooter:

a peerless trans like this one would be good but the input is always for a vertical chaft engine on all the ones iv ever seen. I wonder if they make a model thats useable for a horizontal shaft. they can be mounted upright but then youd have to turn your engine 90degrees and thatd be tight quarters for the belts on a mini

Peerless Transmission Mod. 722 | eBay

COWBOY

trans

there is trany set ups in three and 4 speed by reiss tool and machine. they are way overkill but supercool. I am actually working for Joe Reiss now he is doing the the coolest cushman mods on the planet. You can call Reiss tool and machine at 636-343-4207 ask for Cowboy and i can give you more details