looking to trade Lil Indian wheel for a Ruttman

125ccCrazy

I have a lil indian 4 spoke 6" wheel I'd like to trade for a ruttman six inch 4 spoke wheel...The wheel is solid, just needs cleaned up...

125ccCrazy

I don't have either, but didn't know they were different. Do you have pics of the 2 different wheels just so I can see?
I'll have to grab some...The lil indian has a smooth lip with recessed bolt holes where the ruttman has a ridge around the lip and flat spokes, no recess around the bolt holes..

Ruttman wheel looks like this...it has the two differences 125cc noted, plus the hub area is different around the bearing...the li'l indian wheel doesn't have the reduced area.

Mean Dean

Ruttman used the ever so hard to find 5 spokes from Azusa. LIL Indian had their own dies and had a company in Ohio cast them to save money and their own design. Ruttman was always looking to save costs on building the Uglys. In 1972 He struck a deal with LIL Indian to buy wheels from them cheaper than Azusa but he did not like the outside rim. He wanted a lip. He did not like the recessed bolt holes and he wanted the bearing ridge not so deep as the LIL Indians thus the recessed bearing ridge. When the die wore out it was too expensive to make a new one. So they used the same ones later as they do now.