M.I. Mitt is M.I.A!! Have you seen this Mitt?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For just 75 cents a day, the cost of a cup of coffee, you can help find Mitt and restore him to his former glory as a build thread star, not just second fiddle to a Harrison!
Lets take a moment to reflect on the many "faces of Mitt":

Thank-you Mitt for all the joy you have brought us, please come home!

capguncowboy

Mitt grew up in an underprivileged family, where his mother worked two jobs to make ends meet and his father only showed up when he needed something. When Mitt was in high school, he worked hard to get good grades and make something of his life, but despite his best efforts, he fell victim to terrible drug habits. One night in 1989, while doing lines of cocaine backstage at a Def Leppard concert, Mitt got carried away and overdosed. When Mitt awoke several days later in the intensive care unit of a Chicago hospital, he swore never to do cocaine again.

Over the next few months, Mitt got his life back together and started a band, where he wrote songs about how drugs ruined his life, but ultimately got his life back together. It didn't take long before the music industry took notice and signed Mitt and his bandmates to a record contract. Mitt's band, Mother's Fury, went platinum with their first album, selling over 500,000 copies in its first year, and topped the singles' chart with 4 separate titles. Unfortunately, the money and fame went to Mitt's head, and he fell back into his old habits. The next several years of Mitt's life were a blur, and Mitt's band mates grew tired of his behavior and broke up.

Mitt was penniless, homeless and nearly forgotten by 1997. Ready to give up on life, Mitt awoke one day to an image that invoked his will to carry on. Behind a dumpster, in an alley where he had passed out the night before, sat an old mini bike. Someone was ready to throw it out, but Mitt knew that it was worth keeping. He loaded it up into his shopping cart and vowed to work hard so he could kick his habits and persue his new dream of restoring this mini bike.

As Mitt worked on his bike, he began to see value in himself again. He labored day and night, sanding and polishing up the old frame. After weeks of work, Mitt's masterpiece was complete. A 1969 Harrison mini bike. His dedication had paid off. As he fired up his new mini bike he thought to himself "I hear Kentwood, MI is nice this time of year."

Over the next several years, Mitt mastered his new hobby of repairing and bringing old mini bikes back to life. His new addiction was much more expensive than a cocaine habit, but Mitt carries on building bikes to this day.

Come back Mitt, you'll be missed dearly.

Last edited:
I think I read that in a Rock book, it was called "The Miadventures of Mitt".
Turns out Rick, def Leppard's one arm drummer taught him to play, I think there was a deep kinship between them, and the coke of course!

Capgun, your a funny mofo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.