Manco Streaker Restoration

C9H13NO3

I didn't think it would, they are SO small i have trouble staying on the seat. I think im gonna go with a 55 clone or a 6.5 clone, just because of the price (im a little strapped on cash).

HP: it would be on my work bench near the "to be continued" project area but I'm painting my garage.

The only problem with the big motors on those is they are so wide they really stick out on the right side.Might block your route to the footpegs.Plus those bikes are so small that they are really hard to sell unless you are targeting small kids for a first mini bike. But no dad in their right mind is gonna buy one with a monster motor on it for their 8 year old kid.I actually talked 2 people out of buying mine because they wanted it for a young kid, and I had to be honest that it was too fast for a first timer.But hey if its for you and that makes you happy.Go for it !!!:hammer::hammer::hammer:

Last edited:
Someone on here has one with a clone and it looks pretty well centered. It fill up the unused space under the seat for sure.:smile: It must be a rocket.

I dont know how anyone over 5'5" could ride of those.My knees were in the handlebars and I couldn't turn it.Like I said it will be a hard sell when that time comes.as for the specs on the seat TP, I dont know as I ditched the original oval seat and went with this one I got off ebay
:hammer::hammer::hammer:

I dont know how anyone over 5'5" could ride of those.My knees were in the handlebars and I couldn't turn it.Like I said it will be a hard sell when that time comes.as for the specs on the seat TP, I dont know as I ditched the original oval seat and went with this one I got off ebay
:hammer::hammer::hammer:
I cannot ride my Cat 350x so I am getting some different Cat bars to allow me to ride! I would give it to my 6yo girl but she wont give up her Bird Wren! Those Streakers are tiny!

125ccCrazy

I have an original streaker seat in good shape that I'm gonna replace with something different... if interested LMK...

On the one I got the first and only mod so far since it got shoved in the attic until my grandson is ready for a mb was to heat the handle bars just above the top tree and using a pipe bender I bent the bars so that they are about straight up now and not pointing at your face and putting your elbos in the rib cage...

put a long seat on it that overshoots the back of the frame and youll fit much better. As long as your butt sits a little infront of the back tire youll be alright as far as keepin the front end down

True. I think I'm going to re-upholster the seat that came on it. The major problem with it is that it needs a new "base" board, the one that is on it is cracked in half and moldy.

Well, today I made some key decisions. I decided not to go with my airbrush and pinstriping brush on this one, since I decided it's gonna be my beater bike. So, I spray Bombed it. I Picked up a 6.5 clone and bolted it right into place. I sanded the frame down and went with a USA theme. I'm gonna go with red frame white wheels and blue handlebars. Anyone have input? And it's no longer a restoration, it's a re-do.

delray

Throttleproblems,frames are real short to ride and steer with that type handle bars. if the bike is not going to be stock anymore? maybe modifly the seat back more so it sits out and would be held up with set of coil shocks like a vintage bike would look like.:thumbsup:

Delray, i was actually mocking that up a few minutes and i will do it, once i get my welding to a high enough standard. my welds right now are O.K., and seeing as they will be supporting much weight i want to be able to create good, strong welds before i attempt something like that. I also will have to figure out a way to really strengthen the seat if i do the afore mention modification, but i think 2 metal plates bolted to the seat should keep it nice and flat before the wood on the seat goes SNAP and i go flat on my rear-end while going down the street.